The world we now live in.........

ME ON THE PHONE: Pizza Deliziosa?

GOOGLE: No sir, it’s Google Pizza.

ME: I must have dialed the wrong number. Sorry.
GOOGLE: No sir, you didn’t dial the wrong number. Google bought Pizza Deliziosa last month.

ME: Okay, then I’d like to order a pizza.

GOOGLE: Do you want the usual, sir?

ME: The usual? Do you know who I am?

GOOGLE: According to your datasheet, the last 12 times you ordered a pizza, you requested one with three kinds of cheese, sausage, peppers, mushrooms, and meatballs.
ME: Yes, that’s what I want …

GOOGLE: Can I suggest you order gluten-free whole wheat this time with ricotta, rocket salad, olives, and dried tomatoes?

ME: What? No, I want the usual pizza!

GOOGLE: Sir, your cholesterol is not good.

ME: How the hell do you know that?

GOOGLE: We have associated your phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the past 7 years.

ME: Okay, but I am taking my cholesterol drugs and I want the pizza I order usually!
GOOGLE: Excuse me sir, but you haven’t taken your meds regularly. According to our database, you only purchased a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once 4 months ago from Drug RX Network.

ME: I bought more in another pharmacy.

GOOGLE: This does not appear on your credit card statement.

ME: I paid in cash.
GOOGLE: But according to your bank statement, you haven’t withdrawn enough cash.

ME: I have other sources of money.

GOOGLE: This does not appear in your last tax return. Unless you have an undeclared source of income, which is against the law.

ME: WHAT?

GOOGLE: I’m sorry, sir. I can reassure you that we use this information with the sole intention of helping you.

ME: Enough! I can not handle it anymore! I hate Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and all the other damn social sites. I am going to an island without internet, without TV, where there is no mobile phone service and no one who can watch and spy on me!

GOOGLE: I understand sir, but first you have to renew your passport. It expired 6 weeks ago …

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

On 4/21/2024 at 12:47 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Doug, Google knows you used its name in vain. Watch your six!

Not a problem. Facebook and X have promised to protect me.............

• Haha 2