Orbx Central map issue

I have often wondered why some of the products sold by Orbx do not appear on the map and why some of the products I have bought are on the map but do not indicate that they are "owned" (although updates are still provided).  It would be interesting to know why.

Hello,

internally, there is a checklist that must be completed before the system will allow any product to be released.
One of the items is "Map features", so it is highly unlikely that a product will not appear on the Discover map at all.
We have seen that, occasionally, it might not appear in exactly the right place. :)

If I open Orbx Central for MSFS, the Discover map is littered with airports.
If I open it for P3D v6, because I can, there is only one.
It looks like there is not a way to see every product for every simulator at the same time.
Could that be it?
On the subject of whether they are marked as owned or not, it might also be that there is more than one version,
so if you owned say YBBN for P3D, it will not show as owned when the MSFS map is active.

EDIT: I notice that we had hijacked Carlos' topic, so I have added these posts to one on the actual subject.

I am sorry it was not clear but my comments relate only to MSFS products.  In particular I have some 5 French airports which I think were bought as a single package via Orbx Central and which are shown separately in "My Products" but which do not appear as owned on the "Discover" map. I am not bothered by this but it just seems odd!

9 hours ago, DaveR said:

I have some 5 French airports which I think were bought as a single package via Orbx Central and which are shown separately in "My Products" 

I think that to look into this, I will need to have the name of the product.
I have looked at one France VFR airport pack and indeed, each airport has a map reference.

Hi Nick,  My records show that on 15 June 2022, I purchased what was then called France VFR NW (now shown as France VFR Pack 1) and comprised LFBD, LFLC, LFMT, LFRB and LFST.  These all came onto the "My Products" section of Orbx Central as separate entries rather than as a VFR pack.  None of them appears as "Owned" on the "Discover" map and I cannot see any of them in incorrect locations.  All of them have "Unowned" symbols in the correct place and none of them seems to have ^Owned" symbols being obscured by the  "Unknown" entry.  Please do not go to too much trouble over this.  I am simply curious.

DaveR

Hello,
it looks as if the airports that you mention are not in that pack, but they are in France VFR Pack 1.
You don't seem to have bought Pack 1.
All of the airports in France VFR Nord-Ouest Airports have map references.

Hi,   

Agreed that the situation now is is that the airports are in pack 1, as I indicated above and which you have confirmed, but on 15 June 2022 when I purchased the France VFR group of airports I think you will find that the pack was called France VFR North West (that is what I wrote on a printed copy of the transaction confirmation at the time). This is all by the by. The simple fact is that the airports are listed in the "My Products" section of Orbx Central but appear in the " Discover" map as "Unowned" not as "Owned" as they should be.  (Perhaps I should not mention partner products which also do not appear on that map either as "Owned" or "Unowned".)  Maybe I should not be so curious!  Thanks for your help as always but it would be nice to have had the airports recorded correctly.

Addendum: I can provide the relevant transaction number if you need it.

Edited by DaveR

Hello,
on 15th June 2022 you bought a product named "France VFR Nord-Ouest Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator".
That product contains these airports, all of which are marked on the Discover map at the coordinates in this image:

16.jpg

France VFR Airport France Pack 1 - Microsoft Flight Simulator appears to be a different product and contains the following airports,
also marked on the Discover map at the coordinates in this image:

17.jpg

Hi Nick

You are correct and I was wrong about my purchase on 15 June 2022.  I did not go far enough back into my purchase transactions.  If I go back to 13 August 2021, I find that the 5 French airports were were indeed  purchased as France VFR Airport Pack 1.  However my point remains that they are in the "My Products" section of Orbx Central but are not shown on the "Discover" map as "Owned".  What I see is appended and zooming in shows no trace of an "owned" symbol underlying the "unowned" one.  I hope that the screenshot is big enough to illustrate the issue.

I am conscious that I seem to have hi-jacked Wain's thread and for this I apologise.

Orbx Central Discover France 1.odt

Hello,
looking back, as you did, I see that LFMT is listed in your account, along with the four others, as separate airport purchases,
but with a France VFR Airport Pack 1 discount.
I am guessing now, but I suspect that the subsequent revision to make the product a pack instead of a discount on five airports
has somehow removed the notification to the Discover map that you own the individual airports.

Hi Nick

Many thanks.  My 79-year old memory is not as good as it once was but, looking back, I seem to recall that I only really wanted one of the airports but was tempted by the 5 airport offer.    I see no point in pursuing this further.  The past is the past and I get updates leaving the "Discover" map as a minor issue which, I guess, is now long past resolving.  Sorry to have taken up your time.