PMDG, GSX, FS2CREW, FSHUD

wain71

So I have recently got the things above all working together but as I normally fly the Bus I am getting a bit stuck with the 737 however I want to persevere, I am going to print off the pages from FS2CREW SOP2 for me to follow and I have a checklist I have done for the 737 but my big issue is how I should sequence things, like the plane is ready on GPU, so I think I should start prepping plane with SOP2 which I believe automatically starts GSX loading? then do I get clearance, or do I sort that first?

I think my issue is - when you get into the plane what order should thinks be done for the most immersive time, looking at the FS2CREW pages I think most of it is in there but maybe I need to right a list on just what to start when the sim is fired up.....I guess it will come together with practice....probably just flapping because it's a Boeing...

Also does the PMDG having it's own stairs etc effect GSX?

Edited by wain71
another question.

Hi Wayne,

I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think FS2Crew interacts with GSX.  The only aircraft I know that interacts with FS2Crew very well is the FSLabs A320 family in P3D.  I think you just need to interact with each program separately.  Generally, when I got into the aircraft, I would start FS2Crew, in which case the FO would start  powering things up (or I would if they didn't), and before any checklists are started I would start the GSX processes, which is request fuel, request catering, request boarding.  GSX is pretty good now, in that you can request items before the last item is completed, and they will just be done in the order you requested them.  With the fuel, generally GSX will ask you to use the aircraft fuel menu to enter the fuel, so do that, and the payload etc, start setting up the FMC in the aircraft, all the things you'd normally do to start setting up a flight.  You do have to wait for the fuel truck to arrive to interact with the fuel menu,, and this is one aspect which always seems buggy with me, depending on which aircraft I'm using.  In any case, from memory, most of your checklists will be done after you've set up the plane, and are ready to start the plane and get pushed back.  I used to always keep the manual for FS2Crew open beside me and follow along with each process TBH, so you should probably just do that for a while until yo can remember the flows.  This is even more important if you use FS2Crew with different aircraft, as the flows are different for each aircraft.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2024 at 1:29 AM, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Wayne,

I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think FS2Crew interacts with GSX.  The only aircraft I know that interacts with FS2Crew very well is the FSLabs A320 family in P3D.  I think you just need to interact with each program separately.  Generally, when I got into the aircraft, I would start FS2Crew, in which case the FO would start  powering things up (or I would if they didn't), and before any checklists are started I would start the GSX processes, which is request fuel, request catering, request boarding.  GSX is pretty good now, in that you can request items before the last item is completed, and they will just be done in the order you requested them.  With the fuel, generally GSX will ask you to use the aircraft fuel menu to enter the fuel, so do that, and the payload etc, start setting up the FMC in the aircraft, all the things you'd normally do to start setting up a flight.  You do have to wait for the fuel truck to arrive to interact with the fuel menu,, and this is one aspect which always seems buggy with me, depending on which aircraft I'm using.  In any case, from memory, most of your checklists will be done after you've set up the plane, and are ready to start the plane and get pushed back.  I used to always keep the manual for FS2Crew open beside me and follow along with each process TBH, so you should probably just do that for a while until yo can remember the flows.  This is even more important if you use FS2Crew with different aircraft, as the flows are different for each aircraft.

Cheers,

thanks Scott, apparently the SOP2 version for the PMDG does interact with GSX, it says it will manage GSX for the loading etc.......I have done a couple of flights using FSHUD and I like how it deals with me though taxi is a little difficult trying to read the signs, but GSX will guide me to the correct park point if needed....I have printed off the flows from FS2CREW I did this way back with the Majestic Dash and it helps a lot, handy to view.....biggest learning for me is sequence of events and 737 set up as I have been mostly an Airbus person, back in the 90's I was in Airbus Filton everyday as a courier so I got into them then ....

Thanks for your input, it's helped a lot....

• Like 1