Papua New Guinea Freeware Part 2 - Mountain Strips + Flying Hints (MSFS)

flsm (Frank)

In this series of videos we will review most of the available freeware airstrips in Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Part 1 video covered the first 5 highest airstrips. This Part 2 video covers the second 5 highest strips & provides hints for shortfield takeoffs & landings, so necessary in many of PNG's challenging bush/backcountry strips, high in mountains, low in valleys, often short & sloping with difficult approaches & limited or no go-arounds. Come see how I go in a Cessna 152 & then give them a go yourself. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Another excellent video for us bush babies. Thanks much, Frank.

Thanks Rodger. I was particularly happy with the way the flying hints turned out for shortfield takeoffs and landing - did you find them useful? Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Thanks Rodger. I was particularly happy with the way the flying hints turned out for shortfield takeoffs and landing - did you find them useful? Cheers.

Hi Frank. Yes, the flying hints were helpful. I fly in P3D, so the terrain I face is not quite so real as yours, but the challenges are much the same. I've learned through trial and error how to get in and out of these mountain strips, but your thinking it through and codifying it is a fine step up. Well done! Thanks!

• Thanks 1