The day I first fell in love.....

W2DR

...was with a babe in a movie I watched in 1956. Her name was Doris day. The movie was Love Me Or Leave Me. I cut afternoon classes for three days to watch this movie. I just watched it again and the feeling is still there. I grew up just a few miles from her hotel in Carmel, California. Although Doris has left us now, if you're ever in Carmel you really need to try the Cypress Inn. (You'll love the dogs in the dining room at breakfast.)  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
On 9/10/2023 at 1:17 AM, W2DR said:

...was with a babe in a movie I watched in 1956. Her name was Doris day. The movie was Love Me Or Leave Me. I cut afternoon classes for three days to watch this movie. I just watched it again and the feeling is still there. I grew up just a few miles from her hotel in Carmel, California. Although Doris has left us now, if you're ever in Carmel you really need to try the Cypress Inn. (You'll love the dogs in the dining room at breakfast.)  

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt memories of watching the movie 'Love Me Or Leave Me' starring Doris Day in 1956. It's incredible how films can leave a lasting impact, as you described feeling the same emotions upon watching it again. Growing up near Doris Day's hotel in Carmel, California must have been a special experience. I appreciate the recommendation of the Cypress Inn and the unique charm of having dogs in the dining room at breakfast. Your connection to Doris Day and the nostalgic journey you shared truly impressed me, and it's a testament to the power of cinema and the lasting memories it creates. Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us of the magic of movies and the joy they bring.

• Like 2