For John Heaton and all the other Gold Coasters

I don't know about liking it  - a script by a typical jealous Pommy - but it was like this and known as the Glitter Strip - and still is

except that the airport you saw in the video and the aircraft are little bigger and faster

Yes!  The strip was like this in 1950 - and - yes 1 in 3 Australians dreamed of spending a week's holiday here

and were prepared to travel 500 or 1000 miles from Sydney and Melbourne to do it 

Me - the wife and 5 kids did it first in 1972 from Melbourne - driving for 2 days to get here and the same back - for a stay of 2 weeks

until we discovered Noosa   - just 200 miles North on the Sunshine Coast - and eventually living there in 1986 - moving to here - GC - in 2005

As you all well know - I constantly winge over the fact that that Microsoft are still using Bing sats for the sim that is over 10 years old 

which means that none of you - have any idea of what The Gold Coast looks like today:)

It better than the video - - the coast gets something like 20 million visitors per year and at least 1 million of those - are Pommes and Germans

coming here instead of Europe and Majorca - although - I believe Cyprus has taken over from Spain:D - unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

well I found it very interesting, would love a video of what it is like in that part now, can you do one John? seriously though I do like old footage of places and then seeing how they have changed, though sometimes not for the better...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1