Orbx Central This is Strange

aviator49

Hello All,

This is no big issue but has anyone seen this,

Notice where SCIP is placed in my Orbx Central. It is amongst my Oceania Scenery. Any clarification  from anyone is much appreciated. Just wanted to bring this to Orbx's attention. This is not affecting my sim in any way.

Regards

Sam

orbx  central.jpg

Hi guys,

actually, Rapa Nui/Easter Island is, geographically speaking, part of Polynesia, which in turn is one of the subregions of Oceania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island

While it's a special territory of Chile, it's not part of South America, just like Guam (US unincorporated territory) wouldn't be considered part of North America.

image.png

Cheers, Holger

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Holger, it does make sense for you to base it of geography rather than politically or the ICAO

On the same note, Hawaii looks to be part of Polynesia, so why aren't Orbx's Hawaiian Airports part of the Oceanian tab ;) (I am still half asleep so may have interpreted the map wrong)

*Just for clarification, the placing of products in Central doesn't bother me, the Hawaii question is tongue-in-cheek based off the logic applied to Easter Island*

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 07.26.00.png

Edited by EasternT3

Hello Holger,

Thank you for your input. Now it all makes sense. I should have remembered my history lessons from school about Easter Island. That was 50 years ago. LOL.

Eastern T3 thanks for that. Perhaps I need to read more and put my glasses on.

Have a magic day guys.

Regards

Sam