Orbx YBCG

Agera1204

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I am doing a tour of the new terminal at Gold Coast Airport in a few weeks and wondered if Orbx would be interested in updating YBCG if I got photos of the interior and exterior of the terminal whilst on tour. (Permitting that it's allowed, that is.)

Cheers,
Bailey

• Like 3

Hello Agera1024,

Now that would be awesome mate. Been there many times and it seems to change all the time. LOL. Great stuff, and good on ya for offering. Just an amazing place to fly.

I was in the Military many moons ago, and flying over Canungra is just spectacular. Good luck.

Regards

Sam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, Agera1204 said:

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I am doing a tour of the new terminal at Gold Coast Airport in a few weeks and wondered if Orbx would be interested in updating YBCG if I got photos of the interior and exterior of the terminal whilst on tour. (Permitting that it's allowed, that is.)

Cheers,
Bailey

I guess it would depend on what Sim you are referring to, P3Dv4 I assume, as  YBCG was developed by Prestige Simulations for MSFS.

Can't see Orbx being interested in that - correct me if I'm wrong.

Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I guess it would depend on what Sim you are referring to, P3Dv4 I assume, as  YBCG was developed by Prestige Simulations for MSFS.

Don

Yeah was referring to V4/V5 (probably should have been a bit more specific in the original post). 

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Don

Don - I am a staunch supporter of a new Orbx Gold Coast Scenery and Airport as an upgrade to their brilliant P3D series 

as most know The current MSFS is at least 9 years old :angry:

The only one for MSFS that I am aware of - is one on fs.to  - which the developer pointed out the limitations of his work and hoped

that Orbx might just add to his work --- which wasn't all that bad !

This was the one by J B Aviation - and downloaded 3199 times - and there was a second one by R Longelki (?) and downloaded

poor as it was - 2437 times

I assume that the Marketing research side of Orbx and Anna - would have noted those 5800+ downloads - and only they 

would know the download number of their Gold Coast City and the separate YBCG Airport numbers in P3D

Where would we find the one referred to in your mail above  ??

Edited by John Heaton

58 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi John, as I said in my post Prestige Simulations developed  a Gold Coast Airport scenery, I purchased it  and have it running in my sim. Think I got it from Simmarket

Don  

Don after a good hours searching - I cannot find the GC airport you have got - on addons / Prestige have only Orbx ones

but I did find that Simarket has Southport airport

Could you please check your source etc

3 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Don after a good hours searching - I cannot find the GC airport you have got - on addons / Prestige have only Orbx ones

but I did find that Simarket has Southport airport

Could you please check your source etc

Don - As you were !! - I found that they have it on MS marketplace at $16.45 -- so i'll take a good look to compare with 1 on FS.to

I have been using for months

4 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Don - As you were !! - I found that they have it on MS marketplace at $16.45 -- so i'll take a good look to compare with 1 on FS.to

I have been using for months

It looks good -- even has the extentions and bridges -- and being Marketplace  - I can use it on my X Box setup as well

so I am just going to buy it

The trick was - it is called Coolangatta - the other name

Sorry Orbx!!!

Edited by John Heaton

7 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Glad you found it John, I was beginning to think I was losing my marbles:lol:

Don

Thanks Don - I am quite surprised by its accuracy and right up to date - unlike the scenery around it;)