FSPassengersX

Sniper31

I  love FSPassengers...has anyone around here heard when FSPassengersX will finally be patched? I'm a patient man, but the FSP update page has said a patch would be coming in a month or two for over a year now. Its a shame, because I really like that little program but I cannot get it to run in Windows 7 without CTD's in the middle of my flights. Just curious if anyone's heard any rumors or news...

I can't say that I have problems running FSPX on Windows 7. Do the crashes occur when you try to access the menus? If so, then it's not the fault of FSPassengers but a little problem between FSX and Windows 7. There is an easy fix for that:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=11383.msg107572#msg107572

I can't say that I have problems running FSPX on Windows 7. Do the crashes occur when you try to access the menus? If so, then it's not the fault of FSPassengers but a little problem between FSX and Windows 7. There is an easy fix for that:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=11383.msg107572#msg107572

Nope, that is not the problem. Just crashes whilst flying. 

Jay, thanks for the update.  :)

Guys,

I been using this for some time and haven't had any probs with it under Win7 64 Bit.

I did have the CTD thing with my menu bar and then I did the fix (it's posted here somewhere).

Sniper, I know why you are anxious to fix it, as it adds another dimension to your flying and such a fun add-on.

Hope you get it sorted guys,

Frank

Guys,

I been using this for some time and haven't had any probs with it under Win7 64 Bit.

I did have the CTD thing with my menu bar and then I did the fix (it's posted here somewhere).

Sniper, I know why you are anxious to fix it, as it adds another dimension to your flying and such a fun add-on.

Hope you get it sorted guys,

Frank

Thanks Frank, I wish I could get it sorted out too ;) However, my issue has nothing to do with the menu bar problem and fix. When I fly without FSPassengersX running, my FSX runs great. When I fly with FSPassengersX running, CTD every time. It's as simple as that.

Guess I will just keep on chillin' until the patch comes out.....some day.... :(

I've got this and it works fine on Vista 64x but I've turned it off.  I like the effects but I just don't want to do the business it seems to insist on.

I never did find a way of turning that bit of it off. All I want to do is just run the voices and put the passengers on and off if you see what I mean.

All that business of renting a plane and working out costs just does my head in!.

John

I've got this and it works fine on Vista 64x but I've turned it off.  I like the effects but I just don't want to do the business it seems to insist on.

I never did find a way of turning that bit of it off. All I want to do is just run the voices and put the passengers on and off if you see what I mean.

All that business of renting a plane and working out costs just does my head in!.

John

Yes John, FSPassengersX worked fine for me too in Vista 64bit. This CTD problem only seems to exist for me in Windows 7.

So much for backward compatibility then?  Or it may simply be a settings thing.  It is really annoying when you get CTD's though after all the time spent on setting everything up so I sympathise with you. 

Unfortunately, from the lack of replies so far it doesn't seem that you're going to get much help here.  Have you tried the 'help' with PassengersX themselves? 

All the best with it anyway.

John

this doesnt help you at all but i thought id add i havent encountered any probs with win7 and fspassengers

tom

Thanks guys...I wasn't really looking for help here, I know the best place is always the developer's own forum. Which, BTW, was not much help with my problem. It's not the developer, mind you, but the absolute flooding of the forum boards there with simple, ridiclulous user created issues. It makes it very hard to find a similiar problem to mine, which I did not. No worries, I will keep on patiently waiting for the patch/update for Win7. Its curious though, as everything else I throw at my FSX setup runs great.  :-\

Archived