msfs controller profiles

wain71

not sure if I need to do anything here......my TCA Thrustmaster Captains Edition has been delivered, works perfectly in MSFS out of the box, plug & play, just had to change 2 switches on the stick.....so this is great when flying the bus, do I need to save the profile or back it up? if so how?....when I want to fly something else using my X52 Pro do I just swop the controllers over before I fire up the sim? does it remember?....little confused here...

I have to say I am well happy with the purchase, most switches worked flying the Toliss A319 in XP & after tinkering they work except Autobrake in P3D with Aerosoft....one happy flyer....

Hi Wayne. Although I don't have any experience with the TCA Thrustmaster Captains Edition stick, I do have other controllers that I swap in and out. For example, I have a Honeycomb Yoke and the Bravo Throttle. I also have a Virtual Fly TQ-6 Throttle Quadrant that I swap in every now and then. What I do when I first connect a controller in MSFS is save the profile that MSFS creates for it under a custom name, such as Bravo Throttle. Then, when I unplug and plug it back into MSFS it remembers that and selects that last profile I used for that controller. So, in the above example, it would automatically select the Bravo Throttle profile that I saved. It's a pretty stable system now. In the early days of MSFS there were some hiccups with controller profiles, but I haven't seen those for a long time now. 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Landon

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Hi Wayne. Although I don't have any experience with the TCA Thrustmaster Captains Edition stick, I do have other controllers that I swap in and out. For example, I have a Honeycomb Yoke and the Bravo Throttle. I also have a Virtual Fly TQ-6 Throttle Quadrant that I swap in every now and then. What I do when I first connect a controller in MSFS is save the profile that MSFS creates for it under a custom name, such as Bravo Throttle. Then, when I unplug and plug it back into MSFS it remembers that and selects that last profile I used for that controller. So, in the above example, it would automatically select the Bravo Throttle profile that I saved. It's a pretty stable system now. In the early days of MSFS there were some hiccups with controller profiles, but I haven't seen those for a long time now. 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Landon

Cheers Landon, that all sounds very easy, I'll try it later when I get back home..

• Like 1