MSFS will not run

lifejogger

I have not flown in MSFS the last three months or so do to real world issues that had to be taken care of.  Finally the other day I decided to start up MSFS and do a flight.  It did not work, the first two opening screens came up then there was a popping sound and my computer rebooted.  When I click on Orbx Direct it tells me it did not detect a flight simulator.  Looks like I am going to have to uninstall MSFS and and reinstall.:(

• Sad 3

hope you getting sorted, good to try xbox app first then see where you go from there, try and make reinstall last option..

try settings>apps>msfs, 3 dots to the right- click, chose advanced options- there is then an option to repair...

• Upvote 1

And, whatever you do, don't uninstall it. I had to, and now can't reinstall. It hangs on file decompressions, loops and crashes. I now have a useless piece of software, and am at my wit's end.

I've tried everything, and Microsoft Support has been no help whatsoever.

• Sad 1

An update to my above post. After trying everytrhing, and tearing out the little of my hair that remains, I decided to do a Windows Reset. This is not for the faint hearted, becuase it involves a fair bit of post-reset work. I chose the keep files option, so it rmoves all apps, (including flight simulators).

After the reset, I nervously reinstalled MSFS, and....it installed flawlessly. I know have a flight simulator back.

So, all I can say is, if you can't reinstall it, take a day, and do a Windows reset.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, tigermothpilot said:

An update to my above post. After trying everytrhing, and tearing out the little of my hair that remains, I decided to do a Windows Reset. This is not for the faint hearted, becuase it involves a fair bit of post-reset work. I chose the keep files option, so it rmoves all apps, (including flight simulators).

After the reset, I nervously reinstalled MSFS, and....it installed flawlessly. I know have a flight simulator back.

So, all I can say is, if you can't reinstall it, take a day, and do a Windows reset.

Thanks, I may do that!!!!!!!!!