Orbx reinstall

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Considering I fly only the west part of the US, from Alaska to SoCal, does that mean Base and Vector are mandatory for the regions not covered by True Earth ?

Last question, when True Earth is installed I noticed the landscape is a bit "reddish" (cf. picture below, at the limit of the True Earth region on the right of the aircraft). The "non" True Earth area looks much more realistic. Is there a particular reason ?

bonanza14.jpg

Sounds like I heard that before!

Anyway: in my experience, at the border of a TrueEarth area, you can expect to see a clear cut. It won't blend nicely or so. At least, that's what I saw between TE Washington and the area to the north. However, I understood TE Netherlands does a better job in this respect, but I didn't test that yet.

Edited by mfannee

7 hours ago, guillaume78150 said:

does that mean Base and Vector are mandatory for the regions not covered by True Earth ?

All Orbx non TE full fat regions have their own land class and vector data, so no, Base and Vector are not required.

For all the other default regions not covered by Orbx, Base and Vector are recommended but not mandatory.

Orbx Global Base is mandatory for any Orbx LC products to work.

Vector is never mandatory.