Orbx central install problem

hornit1

All the requirements are in order here. I had the last version running fine. I saw this latest version and decided to upgrade. I uninstalled the old one and despite having the items/updates listed in that link, I still get the same result on attempt at running the install with this latest version. is there any way to atttempt the install with the last version which i had working/ thx.

Update. I reset my router and made sure again there is no antivirus or firewall running. Always hangs up on that   "Downloading package.7z"

Edited by hornit1

Hi

Orbx Central has been updated many times since its inception, and will automatically update itself when the user starts\opens it.

So I am not sure which version you had running previously or why you would need to uninstall it, if it was in fact Orbx Central?

What version is the .exe you are trying to use?

The latest download of Central available here is the one Im trying to install. On attempting to update the last version i had it said unable to connect to internet, which was orking fine, and again, tried to reset router and had NO antivirus or firewalls running.

Edited by hornit1

Ok, tried that. get the same error, once i cancel the retry box i get this, same as before. I have tried everything I know here including TSL settings, firewalls, anti virus etc.  I am almost 100% sure things are fine here, no other problems downloading files at other sites. Frustrated. The Inetc plug in obviously is the issue, whatever that is. googled extensively and no real luck there either.

error.jpg

Edited by hornit1

Turned off hardware firewall in router, still same exact error modes. I guess Im just out of luck here, dont know what else to try. Should not have to do that kind of stuff IMHO. I use this machine for some older flight sims, will just go forward with the Win 10 machine and use what I currently have on the older without further upgrades I guess. A shame we cant have backward compatibility. I really like the Orbx stuff.  Everything else I try sees the internet just fine and I have basically turned everything controlling access off and running both sys and programs in admin mode.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @hornit1

If you visit https://orbxdirect.com/api/v4/update/orbx-central-4.1.38-x64.nsis.7z in your web browser does this 7z file download without issues?

Are you up to date with Windows updates? My suspicion is that your PC doesn't the latest updates that enable more secure TLS protocols (>TLS 1.1) as the defaults, which may be causing issues with download files securely. 

Cheers,

Josh

Ill give this a shot when i get home. As I said earlier I had a very recent version of central working fine. Instead of letting the latest version update my install i uninstalled it. Dumb, I know, but thats where I am. I have checked for the TLS protocols for my internet and I enabled those for I believe TLS 1.2. Ill check that also.

Edited by hornit1