"Errors encountered while installing this product - Click Verify Files on the product page to let Central attempt to resolve these issues automatically, or seed support using the support button."

RRascati

I've installed the True Earth regions on a separate SSD - US Northern California HD, US Oregon HD, & US Southern California HD. I keep receiving the Error Message "Errors encountered while installing this product - Click Verify Files on the product page to let Central attempt to resolve these issues automatically, or seed support using the support button."

Notes:

• I've looked through the support forums for a possible solution. I've tried the solution below by admin Nick Cooper to do the following. Multiple times and it's not working!

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Please go to the Downloader page of Orbx Central and Clear the contents of your temporary folder.

Then, if you made a backup, temporarily remove that from its folder and run Verify files.

• I'm running Version 11.55 of X-Plane under Linux (Ubuntu 21.10)
  • When I click the “Verify Files” button, the software will scan the 68,844 files (US TE Northern California) and then start to convert the files. Next, I receive an error message informing me that 17,989 out of 17,991 files “Failed to convert”.
  • Heck - I've even read the manual!

Please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks in advance for your help. Let me know if there is anything else needed to help in solving this issue.

Randy

Would you please give  a pic of the on screen error message.

I also request to know the amount of free space you have on your Disk drives and which disk drives you use to download onto and also the disk drive you install into.

The download disk drive will be shown in Orbx Central/settings/downloader section unless you have moved it to a non default place.

Also please attach a copy of your Orbx Central log file.

@Nick Cooper @Steve Raycraft looks like an OC issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem, Ubuntu, Steam, XP11, Orbx Central 4.1.42, TE, large numbers of fails. Mine are on the same SSD though. Potatophone pic of the error in Xplane 11, which causes it to barf- note it's Oregon HD v1.1.0.

2141182797_2022-01-0112_09_03.thumb.jpg.290d056a6bcbcb3450f7df68763ed509.jpg

I created ~/.xplane/Orbx/xp11/ for the library install location, everything is there except "Orbx libraries", which is in the xplane dir (that's the only install option).

I do notice the "backup dir" isn't calculated, sizewise:

```

$ du -hs /tmp/Orbx/ ~/.config/Orbx/
72K    /tmp/Orbx/
249M    /home/USER/.config/Orbx/
```

1914541646_Screenshotfrom2022-01-0112-27-48.thumb.png.82d7e8711d17c35961b5cfbd82d51d6a.png

The size was missing both before and after I did a "clear" and a "verify"; the size of 249mb is after the most recent clear+verify.

Here's what `find` finds for those files:

```

$ find ~/.xplane/ ~/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/X-Plane\ 11/ -name b8d0x4f80x17*
~/.xplane/Orbx/xp11/TrueEarth US Oregon HD/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/textures/b8d0x4f80x17.JPG
~/.xplane/Orbx/xp11/TrueEarth US Oregon HD/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/terrain/b8d0x4f80x17SM.ter
~/.xplane/Orbx/xp11/TrueEarth US Oregon HD/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/terrain/b8d0x4f80x17.ter
```

It looks like the symlink to that dir is correct from the steam install:

```

$ ls -l ~/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/X-Plane\ 11/Custom\ Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos
lrwxrwxrwx 1 USER USER 92 Jan  1 12:24 '/home/USER/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos' -> '/home/USER/.xplane/Orbx/xp11/TrueEarth US Oregon HD/Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos'
```

There are about 6300 files in that .xplane/Orbx/xp11/.....Oregon..../ dir. 202 are dds files. There is no "terrain" dir in there.

Next, I cleared the two directories using the Downloader buttons and unchecked both of them ("check disk space", "make backups"). Running "verify" on Oregon still says ~20k files failed to convert.

skimming the massive central.log file (1.5mm lines), I see this occurring frequently:

2022-01-01T18:24:40.774Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'libdl.so' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibdl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libc6 is installed per the setup instructions, maybe it's this linker problem? (second similar discussion)

```

$ whereis libdl.so
libdl: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.a

$ find /lib /usr -name libdl.so*
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2
```

That's as far as I've gotten. Out of 122k lines matching "Exception" in the log, after I exclude liblibdl.so, there are about 300 remaining. They are related to download retries, it appears from the verbose stacktrace.

A couple of observations. Your Temp folder seems to have subfolders. Your pic shows this:

/tmp/Orbx/temp

The path to your temp folder should only be like this:

/tmp  (with no subfolders)

Secondly I need the info I requested in my initial response

I also request to know the amount of free space you have on your Disk drives and which disk drives you use to download onto and also the disk drive you install into.

The download disk drive will be shown in Orbx Central/settings/downloader section unless you have moved it to a non default place.

Also please attach a copy of your Orbx Central log file. End quote

Can you also advise if this is the first True earth you have attempted to install?

Here is a link to how to install TE addons and particular attention needs to be focussed on the frre space requirements and how to free up space, move your Temp folder and also move Backup files if that option is selected

Sorry, missed some of those bits. Let me go through it:

- I don't think I came up with that tmpfile path, but I'll set it to /tmp/. Note I do see two other dirs in /tmp/Orbx

[quote]

I also request to know the amount of free space you have on your Disk drives and which disk drives you use to download onto and also the disk drive you install into.[/quote]

I only have one drive, ssd, over 512gb free.

I just installed and bought TE and some other Orbx landscapes and such. 

I didn't include the Orbx log because it is very large, and I didn't want to have to worry about redacting. 
I can send it via email or something.

Even after changing the /tmp dir, nothing changed- I mean, it still gives a high number of errors after validation, and seeing that libdl error:

```

2022-01-02T07:38:40.127Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'libdl.so' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibdl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
```

Thanks for the info.

You are probably going to require a full uninstall and then a reinstall. Trying to "patch" things normally doesn't work well.

Do you have Backup files option enabled? If so then delete any Backup copy of TE Oregon.

Also click on the Clear option for the  the Temp folder. I am not sure you need the forward slash with your newly pathed Temp folder /tmp/. Just /tmp should suffice. however I am not at all familiar with Mac/Linux/Ubutu OS

Reboot PC

At this point you have a choice of which version of TE Oregon to install. Unless you fly regularly under 1500-2000ft I would strongly recommend you choose the SD version. You lose virtually nothing in regard to texture quality. The HD version is Zoom Level 17 and the SD is Zoom Level 16

Here are the benefits of the SD version as described in the product page of Orbx Direct :

Main benefits of the SD Version:

• Much quicker download and install - no JPG conversion
  • Much shorter loading times
  • Much less GPU memory useage
  • Upgrade to HD version whenever you want
  • Same experience as HD Version > 2000FT
  • Completely stutter free under load
  • 25% of the disk space
  • AU$10 cheaper
  • Better FPS

As you paid for the HD version you get the SD for free and can always upgrade again to the HD version. I would also suggest that you get an additional drive for such addons as True Earth. If your OS fails for any reason then you have lost XP11 and all the addons in one go. Never a good idea to have a single drive for all your programmes especially sims. You can get like 4TB external drives USB 3 for under $100 which I use for TE addons.. I also use the SD version of all TE addons.

Let me know what you think.

18 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Thanks for the info.

You are probably going to require a full uninstall and then a reinstall. Trying to "patch" things normally doesn't work well.

Do you have Backup files option enabled? If so then delete any Backup copy of TE Oregon.

Also click on the Clear option for the  the Temp folder. I am not sure you need the forward slash with your newly pathed Temp folder /tmp/. Just /tmp should suffice. however I am not at all familiar with Mac/Linux/Ubutu OS

Reboot PC

At this point you have a choice of which version of TE Oregon to install. Unless you fly regularly under 1500-2000ft I would strongly recommend you choose the SD version. You lose virtually nothing in regard to texture quality. The HD version is Zoom Level 17 and the SD is Zoom Level 16

For whatever reason the SD version installs correctly. Tried various permutations. Too bad. I do fly low but it truly doesn't work.

18 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I would also suggest that you get an additional drive for such addons as True Earth. If your OS fails for any reason then you have lost XP11 and all the addons in one go. Never a good idea to have a single drive for all your programmes especially sims. 

The reason I specifically mentioned a single drive is because the OP said they were using two drives.  The idea of using a "library install" vs directly in x-plane made me think that symlink issues were to blame (symlinks should span drives, hard links definitely don't).

My drives are backed up, don't worry.

@a028654b7d

Please clarify what you mean about the SD version. You say "Too bad. I do fly low but it truly doesn't work." Do you mean that the ground texture is not good enough for you?

An Orbx Central "Library"  drive does put symlinks into the XP Directory Custom Scenery folder at least in Windows it does. 95% of my addons are in Libraries I made and are symlinked to the Custom Scenery folder.

Please clarify what you are suggesting.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

@a028654b7d

Please clarify what you mean about the SD version. You say "Too bad. I do fly low but it truly doesn't work." Do you mean that the ground texture is not good enough for you?

I just mean "I'd like to use HD, but the HD version truly doesn't work." But I'll take the working SD version over more hassle.

• 2 weeks later...