2 Factor Authentication not working

CharlieF

After updating Orbx CENTRAL today 15/12/21 I can no longer sign in because 2 Factor Authentication is not sending me any code

to my cell-phone.

Also, due to having a compromised e-mail address I quickly closed my e-mail address but could not find a way of updating to

my new e-mail within the Orbx settings however, I don't think using the old e-mail address is going to stop me signing in to

Orbx CENTRAL, especially with 2 Factor Authentication if it ever decides to work.

Please can you help?

Yours aye.

Charles Forsyth.

Are you using the 2 factor app from itunes or the Play Store?  That's what I have to use.

Can't remember how you access the Orbx code generator but there must be documentation somewhere probably inside Central Help or Settings?

Hi John, as far as I can remember I set-up 2 Factor Authentication from the Orbx website, I never set it up with iTunes or the Google Play Store. I am not an iTunes or Apple user. I am really stuck at the moment and I want to update my e-mail to my new address.

Unfortunately I cannot sign into the main Orbx website because the lack of 2 Factor Authentication is stopping me.

I think the problem may be that I either did not enter my UK country code properly or I made a mistake with my cell-phone number. Please can you check my account?

Should I uninstall Orbx CENTRAL?

Yours aye.

Charles Forsyth.

Edited by CharlieF
Spelling mistake add extra detail

Nick,

Many thanx for this, If you are sending me an e-mail, I will not get it because I have not been able to update you with my new e-mail address.

I somehow need to update my e-mail address with you.

I still cannot sign in unfortunately.

BRGDS

Charles.

Edited by CharlieF

44 minutes ago, CharlieF said:

Hello Nick,

I still cannot access Orbx CENTRAL, does this mean that the all the money that I have spent on MSFS Orbx addon's for MSFS and X-Plane 11 is wasted?

I am really starting to worry now.

Charles.

I'm sure Nick will find a way to sort things out.   Just might take a bit of time.

Hello John,

I finally managed to figure out how the 2FA works, I did have an app on my cell-phone where I eventually found the code

I needed to confirm my Orbx Central account! I was waiting for a text message notification, I now realise it does not work that way.

I cannot change my e-mail to my new e-mail address within Orbx Central however, I have disabled 2FA for now.

I appear now to have 2 Orbx forum accounts, somehow your forum has picked up another Google account e-mail address and account

that I have recently set-up for emergency recovery. I probably tried to sign-in using this new Google account. This has become a little messy, at least I have managed to get access to the forum again after being locked out for using the wrong password. :wacko:

Yours aye.

Charles.

Thank you Nick,

Yes, I did not get any replies from contacting support through support the web portal, obviously there

is an issue with an old e-mail address.

Have a great Christmas...

Yours aye.

Charles.