Orbx Libraries and P3Dv5.3

Hello,

I did a complete installation of P3Dv5.3 and I did not change the management of Orbx libraries I had with P3Dv5.2. Something looks strange and I would like having explanations. The Orbx folder in the Prepar3D V5 folder in C:\  is almost empty (screenshot 1) and the library panel in the simulator looks like OK (screenshot 2) even if I'm surprised that all Orbx names are greyed (perhaps it is normal). After the P3D installation I thought I had only to resynchronise again via the Orbx central panel and I got this problem (if it is one). I uninstalled all Orbx products and began a new installation. The result was the same. Thank you very much for an explanation.

Best regards

552144420_p3dv5_pb1(2).thumb.jpg.ac33efa2cb762f4b76477e7dcb356cf3.jpg1744403657_p3dv5_pb2(2).thumb.jpg.375bb868d83cc230a2edb741dece5dd0.jpg

Mine look the same. I also noticed the one file leftover in the P3D folder. Maybe it is needed, but I would guess it is a leftover from older concepts. Only Orbx can tell.

Since everything looks good in my sim so far, I would say everything is fine on your config.

Hello,

Thank you for the info but my P3D addon folder (Addon Scenery dans Prepar3D v5) does not contain any Orbx scenery (physical or linked). In this folder there is only a FVFR scenery). All sceneries (global, vector, ... from Orbx and LFLB from FVFR)  I reinstalled are working fine. I thought that the greyed statut was because of the link to a storage on D:\ but why these links are not visible somewhere ?

Best regards

Hi

The greyed status means that they are installed outside the simulator root folder via the .xml method.

If you navigate to the locations shown in your scenery library (D:\lib_ORBX-P3D\p3dv5\), you will find the folders and their files, this is a folder you have created, and they will show up on the P3D addons list (not the folder).

The P3D default addons folder is located at C:\Users\name\documents. This is probably where your FVFR is.

Hello,

Obviously I verified that my folder on D:\ was OK after each installation. My concern was mainly the fact that the Orbx folder in Prepar3D v5 was almost empty (the xml file is relative only to airports and not to global products). That is strange (?) but has no importance as everything is OK now. The default addon folder is "Addon Scenery" in Prepar3D v5.

Thank you very much for explanations.

Best regards

1 hour ago, rio gerard said:

My concern was mainly the fact that the Orbx folder in Prepar3D v5 was almost empty

This would be because all of your Orbx products are installed outside the simulator.

The Orbx folder in your simulator root folder may not even be required anymore. The way to test would be to cut and paste it to your desktop for safety and see if everything still works, if so, then you could delete it.