Basic Question: Best way to install Orbx sceneries

Okay, sorry if this is a total noob question, but I've purchased about 8 Orbx FS2020 sceneries in the past year and would like to know the best way to install them.  IIR, I purchased them from the Orbx website (not from the MS store, etc...).  How do I get them into FS2020?

If you bought the from Orbx, then download Orbx Central and log in with your website login and the 8 sceneries should show as bought, click on them and install, 

Just make sure Orbx Central recognises a valid installation path to MSFS, for example, my installation path is straight to the community folder 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, expanding on this question...  I have about $600 worth of FS software from the version previous to FS2020 that I purchased directly from the Orbx store before they went to this new way of purchasing.  I understand that I get a discount on any of the FS2020 stuff that is a repeat of what I already have (PNW, etc...)  How much is that discount, and does the new store know what all those previous purchases were?

And...  second question:  Is the sale going on now on Orbx sceneries only through FS2020 store or is it also via the Orbx store?

Hello,

you should see a discount at the Orbx Central or Orbx Direct checkout of 20% for any product that you own for another simulator and that is in your Orbx Direct account.

However, there is a sale on at present and the lower offer applies but not both, so you do not see a discount of 20% on an already 40% lower sale price.

There is no mechanism that connects the MSFS Marketplace to any other online retailer, so regardless of whether you already own an Orbx product for a different simulator, you will still be asked to pay the list price.

Well, one more subtlety here...  Would you suggest then that IF a buyer is going to purchase from other methods than direct through Orbx that they need to keep track of their own keys, etc... to ensure they can install any new sceneries/airports?

Edited by Cavemanhead