ESMS working Jetways

Hey guys...

I bought the airport ESMS for the MS FS 2020 ago some months .... til today there is no update for working jetways while other developers still have functionally jetways with their products.

How long we have to wait to get an update?

kind regards

This was the latest update as of the other day, Marcus got them working but not consistent enough for release

"So after all in the initial testing group the overall opinion was to drop the moving gates as even though they looked good sometimes, they also looked quite weird other times as there is no support in the SDK for it and we tweaked the code as much as we could. So final verdict was: if it doesnt look top notch, drop it. So that's where we at."

Edited by EasternT3

Hey,

Thanks Joe for stepping in!

So yep that is the current case and it's a bummer as I understand as a customer you see jetways functioning on other airports and wonder why we haven't added them.

It's simply a case of the SDK not supporting those kind of jetways. They have actually never been supported, not even in FSX, it's basically the same tech still. For P3D/FSX we got SODE in the end which made it possible to add them.

There are work-arounds which with some tweaking can get them to connect, however for some of the gates they look ok most of the time, but it doesnt take much to make them struggle with the alignment and the whole jetway starts twisting. All initial testers I had trying it out for ESGG had the same opinion to drop it, so we did that for both ESMS & ESGG even though ESMS only one of the jetway types (the one that is actually usually performing better, but still it's not perfect).

Feel free to contact ASOBO to see if they can add the functionality, we would love that! As far as I've understood they didn't even animate that kind of jetways on ESSA which was one of their custom airports in the World Update Nordics package.

So that's the current status and in many ways just what we said from the start as well: when ASOBO adds SDK support for N-type & T-type jetways, we will for sure add that to our products.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey,

Thanks Joe for stepping in!

So yep that is the current case and it's a bummer as I understand as a customer you see jetways functioning on other airports and wonder why we haven't added them.

It's simply a case of the SDK not supporting those kind of jetways. They have actually never been supported, not even in FSX, it's basically the same tech still. For P3D/FSX we got SODE in the end which made it possible to add them.

There are work-arounds which with some tweaking can get them to connect, however for some of the gates they look ok most of the time, but it doesnt take much to make them struggle with the alignment and the whole jetway starts twisting. All initial testers I had trying it out for ESGG had the same opinion to drop it, so we did that for both ESMS & ESGG even though ESMS only one of the jetway types (the one that is actually usually performing better, but still it's not perfect).

Feel free to contact ASOBO to see if they can add the functionality, we would love that! As far as I've understood they didn't even animate that kind of jetways on ESSA which was one of their custom airports in the World Update Nordics package.

So that's the current status and in many ways just what we said from the start as well: when ASOBO adds SDK support for N-type & T-type jetways, we will for sure add that to our products.

Hej Markus

Those jetways are now supportet from ASOBO so i guess this is waht you guys been waiting for?

Otherwise another guy JUST did it. Please check the lick bellow. I have a video in case u need it..

https://flightsim.to/file/5898/enbo-bodo-airport-and-air-station-bodo

Hope u guys can fixit soon

9 hours ago, carlosmax50 said:

Hej Markus

Those jetways are now supportet from ASOBO so i guess this is waht you guys been waiting for?

Otherwise another guy JUST did it. Please check the lick bellow. I have a video in case u need it..

https://flightsim.to/file/5898/enbo-bodo-airport-and-air-station-bodo

Hope u guys can fixit soon

As far as Im aware this has not been supported by the SDK yet and there are several developers that has made a tweaked version of the current SDK to make it look as good as possible. We even have it on Brisbane if im not incorrect.

however we didnt find it working good enough on a consistent level. As already mentioned it looked good many times but also very bad at others.

so until there is an updated jetways in the sdk nothing will happen.

will check though if the SU6 made any changes on that matter.

• Like 1