Very bad performance at Orbx KSJC and Orbx KVNY

Hello,

I purchased the KSJC and KVNY sceneries in the recent sales, but I'm getting absolutely horrible performance at both airports. I have a lot of other Orbx airports and I'm not experiencing the same issues. 

The issue is that when looking in certain directions, the performance grinds almost to a halt. Using right-mouse click to look around is very difficult, and you can forget about using TrackIR. I don't understand why this is happening. 

I've tried disabling all other addons through Addons Linker, but it doesn't help. I'm only having issues at these two airports even though I have 23 different Orbx Aiports.

Settings Ultra on almost everything LOD 200 / 200 
My spec: R9 5900X / RTX 3090 / 64 GB RAM

Check out this topic, might be related:

It is suggested that, at least for KVNY, the developer neglected to equip its 3D models with LODs, and it was therefore promised to be added in an update. It looks as if the issue has not been resolved as of yet, which would explain that you're seeing this too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

Check out this topic, might be related:

It is suggested that, at least for KVNY, the developer neglected to equip its 3D models with LODs, and it was therefore promised to be added in an update. It looks as if the issue has not been resolved as of yet, which would explain that you're seeing this too.

Thank you!

It seems like the very same issue, probably still hasn't been fixed then. 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Wakner said:

Hey Folks - has there been any news about this? I have KVNY and getting terrible performance hits.

In another thread in the last week or so I reported on a test I ran on this very issue for KVNY.  With my Orbx-only Community folder, I saw almost no performance change between the default and the Orbx scenery.  I did see lagging during panning with photogrammetry enabled, and it also showed little difference between default and Orbx scenery.

Los Angeles and San Francisco are very taxing areas.  If you have any other add-ons particularly freeware, your MSFS performance can be compromised, and in a dense scenery area with high graphics settings, it will become evident, even if the sim runs fine in other areas.

To check the Orbx version's performance, you'll need to only have KVNY and KSJC in your Community folder (many posts about how to do this), and set your graphics settings to a realistic level for dense urban areas.  Check the performance with photogrammetry on and off, Orbx and default airports set.

I saw no more than 2 fps difference between the default KVNY and the Orbx version, and I recall a similar experience when I tested KSJC.

12 hours ago, Wakner said:

Hey John - thanks for getting back about this.  Unfortunately that's exactly what I did ... from my baseline test setup the only scenery addition was KVNY and frames consistently dropped around 50%.

What settings are you using?