Elevation issue at KTMK

Heronjr

Flying around Northwest, following a very interesting cross country flight route done by a couple in a Cessna 172, I dropped by KTMK Tillamook, Oregon and, as soon as leaving the runway, my Bonanza felt in a hole made by the elevation difference between runway and taxiway. It is impossible to taxi to the ramp.

If you position the aircraft at any runway and go out, you'll see the wheels almost a meter from the ground.

Is this a specific field problem within Pacific Northwest Region or LM P3Dv5.2 HF1? Sometime ago I used Vector to fix these kind of problems, but this feature ended in the Configuration Tool.

If you are interested in US cross country routes for small GA's, please google flyingnavigator.com.

Regards

Hi

In my P3Dv5.2 I have S47, and KTMK in the airport list for the same location (Tillamook, Oregon), and if I select either one of those, it puts me at the same airport and location, and there are no elevation issues, the airport looks and works great.

But if I do a search of my entire simulator installation, there are no KTMK files, only S47 files in the Orbx PNW05 Scenery as pictured below.

S47.PNG

S47 1.PNG

Hi Doug,

Tomorrow I will do a search in the BGLs to see if there’s some Gremlin around. I can also try reinstalling Pacific NW. When at the Tillamook field, I could note that the taxiway yellow line was above the ground and not centered. Also there were parking marks at the side of one of the runways. 

I’ll keep in touch. 
Regards

• Like 1

I also did not find any KTMK in the PNW path. Only S47 for Tillamook. Using Central, I re-synchronized the simulator and did a Verify Files in Pacific NW Region. My Libraries are updated. Loading a Cessna at RWY 31 in KTMK the same problem remains - aircraft 1 meter above the ground. BUT, important, this only happens at the runway, and if you free the runway at ANY point, you fall. The taxiways and ramps are okay.

Regards.

Hello,

this appears to be another airport that is the victim of both having had its ICAO code changed and the updated airport database in P3D v5.

In Doug's image of the map, one can see both S47 and KTMK superimposed on one another.

Because excludes for S47 only work on a default airport named S47, they are not excluding the default airport, which is now named KTMK.

Both are being displayed and they are not quite at the same elevation.

Perhaps the best thing to try would be to remove the three files that Doug has shown and see if the default will then show correctly in PNW.

• Thanks 1

Hi Doug and Nick

Following Nick's tip, I turned off the 3 BGLs, but things got worst, with vegetation mixed with runway or ramp. So I turned OFF ONLY the first BGL:

ADE_FTX_PNW_S47_Tillamook.OFF

The other 2 BGLs I turned back to ON:

ADE_FTX_PNW_S47_Tillamook_CVX.BGL

FTX_PNW_objects_S47_PLC.BGL

I made a taxi around all of the airport areas and now things are perfect.

Gentlemen, thanks a lot for your support. Since the 1980's BGL (Bill Gates Lollipops) files are the root and solution of our problems.

Regards from Rio,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1