TE - Norcal - Blank tiles and slow loading

GCBraun

Hi, I am currently experiencing slow loading of tiles when using Orbx´s TE for XP11, as seen in the attachment. My PC is pretty robust, but I am hosting the TE files on a 7200RPM HDD. Would more RAM or some other XP11 setting help tackle this? Thanks

Capture.PNG

Sorry about your issues.

Initially I would say that the pic is typical of your PC, GPU/CPU combo unable to keep up with the required loading speed of the textures.

Please try a flight in the default Cessna 172 and see if the loading is better. The pseed of the airliner may well be having an adverse effect on loading time.

Report back please and attach your sceneryPacks.ini

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Sorry about your issues.

Initially I would say that the pic is typical of your PC, GPU/CPU combo unable to keep up with the required loading speed of the textures.

Please try a flight in the default Cessna 172 and see if the loading is better. The pseed of the airliner may well be having an adverse effect on loading time.

So, my scenerypacks.ini is attached. Just did a flight that crossed Idaho and Nevada (non-Orbx Orthophotos) and this issue started appearing in the TE NorCal region (SD version). It is not always as bad as shown in the picture, but I haven´t noticed the problem yet in my custom Ortho4XP regions...

scenery_packs.ini

Edited by GCBraun

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/12/2021 at 1:32 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Sorry about your issues.

I've had this issue also and I've done a flight in a Cessna and it didn't work neither. I own Florida also and it doesn't do it. what's so special about California that makes it mess up?

Edited by CarolinaSeeker94

There is nothing in particular different in any of the True Earth addons except size of files. People have reported similar issues with other TE addons, but the issue is not usually related to the addon but normally to the PC unless there are error messages about missing files.

Please attach your XP Log files after flying in the area that produces blank textures and also a pic or two stating where the location when you take the pics.

Your PC specs would also be useful info.

I initially suggest that you run the Verify Files option for the California addon to see if you have any missing files.

• 3 weeks later...