A bit disappointed after purchasing PAKT Ketchikan International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator

As a information to Orbx I would like to let know here, I am a bit disappointed after purchasing the 

PAKT Ketchikan International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator that is on Thursday sale at the moment.
Compared to the version of this airport for FSX and P3D, it is just not as great as I was used to expect from Orbx products in the FSX/P3D productline.
And I know, it didn't cost much, certainly with the Thursday sale action. But should I expect a quality-level that is pricelevel related? I hope not.
One thing I used to love from PAKT Ketchikan International Airport for FSX and P3D, were the very wel worked out hight level differences that is so distinctive of this airport.
In the Microsoft Flight Simulator version the levels are much more equal, so with far smaller hight differences. Besides that, there are strange effects in the mesh around the airport.
I do like the worked out surrounding  of the MSFS version airport. The south-east waterside areas close to Ketchikan International Airport, have been worked out beautifully. Many objects that bring alive the surroundings. The north-west part of the watersides however, shows several blurry in texture objects and far less modelled objects. It would have been nice, if this side would have been modelled as beautifull as the south-east area.
I do not want to be a just complaining customer. In the past years I have purchased a great lot of Orbx addons and they were all fantastic!
And I do realize, there is a lot of work to do on the Microsoft - Asobo side.
But for the first time in my long Orbx relation, I do notice some hesitation now. Not only because of this product only, but also when looking at the screenshots coming with other MSFS products on the website. Might also have to do with the fact, animated people and animals - like in Objkect Flow technology for FSX-P3D - seem not to be possible yet. 
But for what I know from develloping, it should be possible to create smaller mesh files that are very detailed, for close around the airport. And e.g. a lack of such detailed mesh around Ketchikan, makes me feel it is an not really finished product.
I hope and expect Orbx want to keeps going for the same level of quality in MSFS products as they used to have with the FSX-P3D addons.
Keep our expectations high, Orbx! You did it for years! I would really appreciate if you keep going for it related to MSFS.
Kind regards!
Bram Stikkel

Edited by Bram Stikkel
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bram Stikkel said:

As a information to Orbx I would like to let know here, I am a bit disappointed after purchasing the 

PAKT Ketchikan International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator that is on Thursday sale at the moment.
Compared to the version of this airport for FSX and P3D, it is just not as great as I was used to expect from Orbx products in the FSX/P3D productline.
And I know, it didn't cost much, certainly with the Thursday sale action. But should I expect a quality-level that is pricelevel related? I hope not.
One thing I used to love from PAKT Ketchikan International Airport for FSX and P3D, were the very wel worked out hight level differences that is so distinctive of this airport.
In the Microsoft Flight Simulator version the levels are much more equal, so with far smaller hight differences. Besides that, there are strange effects in the mesh around the airport.
I do like the worked out surrounding  of the MSFS version airport. The south-east waterside areas close to Ketchikan International Airport, have been worked out beautifully. Many objects that bring alive the surroundings. The north-west part of the watersides however, shows several blurry in texture objects and far less modelled objects. It would have been nice, if this side would have been modelled as beautifull as the south-east area.
I do not want to be a just complaining customer. In the past years I have purchased a great lot of Orbx addons and they were all fantastic!
And I do realize, there is a lot of work to do on the Microsoft - Asobo side.
But for the first time in my long Orbx relation, I do notice some hesitation now. Not only because of this product only, but also when looking at the screenshots coming with other MSFS products on the website. Might also have to do with the fact, animated people and animals - like in Objkect Flow technology for FSX-P3D - seem not to be possible yet. 
But for what I know from develloping, it should be possible to create smaller mesh files that are very detailed, for close around the airport. And e.g. a lack of such detailed mesh around Ketchikan, makes me feel it is an not really finished product.
I hope and expect Orbx want to keeps going for the same level of quality in MSFS products as they used to have with the FSX-P3D addons.
Keep our expectations high, Orbx! You did it for years! I would really appreciate if you keep going for it related to MSFS.
Kind regards!
Bram Stikkel

There has already been extensive discussion about the quality of the Throwback Thursday products in other threads here in the forums incl. explanations from Orbx.

IMO what you get in this line of products is quite reasonable considering the very low prices.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As with all things in life we have choices , before I make any purchase (Scenery-AC etc) I do my research . If Orbx has the best product for any particular scenery they get my money , if they don't I shop elsewhere .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1