Orbx Base Back Causes Sutters & Pauses

Mejjo

HI there,

So i have managed to identify that Orbx Global Base pack causes long pauses and stutters in the area in the screenshot.

I have a vanilla install of P3D V5 & after installing Orbx products one by one it only happens with the base back installed.

Its furstrating as the majority of my flights in the sim are out of the UK.

Is there anything i can do to fix it? Or are you guys aware of it?

Many Thanks

Hi

Have you tried your vanilla install with only Global base and no other addons installed? Keep in mind that Global base is not really an addon, but rather a default texture replacement, that has never in it's history caused any issues.

Also, do you have it installed in the simulator root folder, or an external library location?

11 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Have you tried your vanilla install with only Global base and no other addons installed? Keep in mind that Global base is not really an addon, but rather a default texture replacement, that has never in it's history caused any issues.

Also, do you have it installed in the simulator root folder, or an external library location?

Hey Doug,

Fresh install without anything else yep. Just Global Base,

I have changed it both ways so that its in the root P3D folder and external and the same issue is there.

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

If you have a backup of Global base created by Orbx Central, you could delete it and try a verify files of Global base.

Hi Doug,

Interesting this is... I did what you said and it remains the same, Sometimes it also freezes the sim up long enough for it to crash, Just to rule out anything with my system, I tried the same scenario on my second computer which has different specs and the issue is there too, That's also with a fresh P3D and Global Base install.

Do you have any other suggestions? It gets worse if you go outside in a locked spot view and look back at the terrain.

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

If you have a backup of Global base created by Orbx Central, you could delete it and try a verify files of Global base.

After doing some looking around on here i have come across an article which shares the issue i'm having by naming the location. I found what seems a fix but the link does not work, Is there a way to get that file to me?

Its found here.

6 hours ago, Mejjo said:

After doing some looking around on here i have come across an article which shares the issue i'm having by naming the location. I found what seems a fix but the link does not work, Is there a way to get that file to me?

Hello,

you can also solve the problem by moving your special effects slider to zero.