Request help for a conflict issue in area OPENLC EUROPE7

Hi Orbx team,

I have moved to P3Dv5.2HF1 from FSX nine weeks ago. However, there is an annoying issue I have to cope with :

Apart from Orbx Base, Vector, libraries, I have installed Africa and Europe as well. FlyTampa Athens is also installed, as it

is my home airport and I use it very often.

When in short finals (about one NM before touch), all apron/taxiways/runways textures start disappearing gradually and as soon as

landing occurs, all of them are gone, leaving a dark raw texture all over the airport.

In the beginning, I did not have any idea to whom I had to address to (FSLabs, FlyTampa or P3D) and troubleshooting started.

This has been continued for weeks, having tested every possible "scenario". Until today that I decided to disable OPENLC EUROPE7 and see what happens.

This time the FSLabs Airbus landed at LGAV with the texture issue absent.

I am not an expert or developer, but it seems to me there is a conflict between the two sceneries, and here is the point, at which I need your help

to eliminate it, as I do not want to lose neither OPENLC EUROPE nor FlyTampa LGAV for self-explained reasons.

Thanks for your time,

Sotiris Stavrakis

Specs :

win10 pro 64

Intel core i9 3.50 GHz

RAM 32 GB

Nvidia RTX 3060

Samsung SSD 1TB.

1.png

2.png

Hi

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Thanks

First please open Orbx Central and go to settings/Insertion Point tool and set it as per the below image. In your case, you would need to use your EDDL Addon in the top Inserted Below field. 

Also, I don't see Orbx Objectflow installed, so please install it as well.

Then try your sim again.

OC Insertion Points.PNG

Thanks Doug for responding.

However, I have some questions :

1. As I saw in Insertion Point tool, there were duplicate entries for both FlyTampa Corfu and FlyTampa LGAV. In scenery library there were no duplicates.

2. Could you please provide a link for that Orbx Objectflow ?

3. After using Insertion Point according to your instructions, do I have to save something in Orbx Central ?

4. Is it correct (screenshot) ?

Screenshot.png

Edited by Sotiris

Hi

1. The list in the Insertion Point tool is not meant to duplicate the scenery library, so no need to worry about that.

2.To find Orbx Objectflow, open Orbx Central and click on "My Products", then scroll down to near the bottom of the list.

3. No, nothing else to do, and I see the green successfully adjusted green banner, so all is good.

4. Yes, you have set the insertion point correctly. 

6 hours ago, Sotiris said:

Thanks Doug, I found Objectflow, but it is not possible to install it. It requires installation outside P3D, but due to problem, I had to install Orbx products within simulator.

Is it so necessary ?

Yes, Objectflow is mandatory for most Orbx products to work correctly.

You already have an external library created at C:\Users\User\Orbx Library\p3dv5, and it will install there, although it is highly recommended to create a new library that is not in the "Users" file structure.  It is very common for it not to work within the "Users" file structure because of Windows permissions issues.

Objectflow is always required to be install outside of the simulator, and it is perfectly normal to have everything else installed within the simulator.

Thanks for your support Doug.

I did install it according to your instructions. Do you consider necessary to make another test flight with ObjectFlow present this time ?

Would it be worth or to wait for Nick's instructions ?

Doug,

Today I tested it once more having disabled a cvxATHENSKML.bgl file which resides within FlyTampa Athens scenery folder and the problem did not appear.

I will continue testing to be sure. I wish this was the culprit.

Regards

• Thanks 1

Thanks

And yes, usually when these FT products were installed into the simulator root folder, they created two entries in the scenery library, one of them was the LC (land class) component, and all we had to do was uncheck/deactivate it in the scenery library to make it compatible with other land class products such as Open LC Europe.

Please note that this scenery has to be installed within P3D first and after that should (or could) be migrated to another folder outside sim.

Its installer requires P3D folder to install, you don't have any other option. In fact, it is an FSX scenery used in P3D with the addition of a small

P3D patch, but I doubt if it is compatible to P3Dv5.2HF1.