KSBA/KSJC Missing Jetways After SU5 - Resolved

• Nick Cooper changed the title to KSBA/KSJC Missing Jetways After SU5

Okay, mine is an Orbx purchase, now here is the strange thing, I loaded up the sim, enabled Photogrammetry, and spawned at the airport, the jetways were present. Turned off Photogrammetry, jetways still there. Shut the sim down and restarted, checked options, Photogrammetry still off, spawned at the airport and the jetways were still there.

ksjc1.jpg

OK, that's strange.  Both mine are OrbxDirect purchases.  I have (since installing SU5 and 1.18.15.0) removed all Community folder contents as advised, only adding back in what was said to be working thus far), deleted the Content.xml file and allowed FS to recreate, reinstalled the OrbxDirect sceneries I had previously installed and removed, restarted the sim after each new flight.

These are the first two airports I have discovered missing jetways at.  My settings are Ultra, PG is on.

Anybody got any ideas of what else I should check?

1 hour ago, AndyM01 said:

I loaded up the sim, enabled Photogrammetry, and spawned at the airport, the jetways were present. Turned off Photogrammetry, jetways still there. Shut the sim down and restarted, checked options, Photogrammetry still off, spawned at the airport and the jetways were still there.

Hi

I wonder if it is a phenomena similar to the one shown in the below video? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Did you also delete and turn off the rolling cache?

Yes, I did do that as well...forgot to mention.  After watching the video, I'll double check that back at both KSBA and KSJC, but I gotta tell you I don't think that's my issue because right now at FL160 the scenery and clouds are stunning and trees are populating as I would expect for Ultra.  The sunlight bouncing off the chrome on my DC-6, etc...I mean, if this isn't Ultra, I can't imagine what I'm missing.

Edited by DFWSupertrooper
  • Like 1

Following some other threads on LVFR's site, it could be related to ARE-X.  That was updated for SU5 but I need to double check and make sure mine is updated (pretty sure it is, but...that's why God made checklists)! :smile:  I'll check all of this out as soon as I land and report back.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by DFWSupertrooper

OK, weird.  Spawned back into KSJC without changing anything (except I did cycle the Ultra/Medium/Ultra on my previous flight mid-flight) and the jetways are indeed there.  Same for KSBA.  I guess it was either related to the bug described in the video or just a weird random thing.  Sorry to bug you guys.  These both test OK!

• Nick Cooper changed the title to KSBA/KSJC Missing Jetways After SU5 - Resolved
9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I wonder if it is a phenomena similar to the one shown in the below video? 

Yes, maybe. I have most of my settings in ultra. Something weird going on there, at least it got resolved easily without the need of a patch.