EGLC - missing Firebrigade trucks

I will have to ask a dev as I do not have a Mac version. 

Please initially run a Verify files option in Orbx Central for EGLC so we can make sure we have all the files, and also a verify files for OrbxLibs.

In the meantime I will get confirmation from the devs as to whether it is correct that for some reason the fire trucks are not part of the Mac version, or indeed they should be there.

Bear with me as I need to contact them

@Greg Jones for comment please.

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I will have to ask a dev as I do not have a Mac version. 

Please initially run a Verify files option in Orbx Central for EGLC so we can make sure we have all the files, and also a verify files for OrbxLibs.

In the meantime I will get confirmation from the devs as to whether it is correct that for some reason the fire trucks are not part of the Mac version, or indeed they should be there.

Bear with me as I need to contact them

@Greg Jones for comment please.

Hi Jon,

I hope it's the Library.txt file you asked me.

Many thanks for your help

Marco

Schermata 2021-07-31 alle 16.47.22.png

Library copia.txt

Hi Marco

Did you run the 2 Verify Files actions I asked you to try?

The relevant Dev I hear is on leave at present, but has responded@

I suspect the problem might be that the groundtraffic plugin which controls the fire engines at EGLC is no longer compatible with Mac or perhaps the latest version of XP.

Perhaps the customer could check to see if there's other road traffic immediately around the airport - that would indicate that the plugin is functioning.
It certainly was compatible previously so if you could oblige and check about the traffic functionality immediately around the airport it would help.
Thanks

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Hi Marco

I suspect the problem might be that the groundtraffic plugin which controls the fire engines at EGLC is no longer compatible with Mac or perhaps the latest version of XP.

Perhaps the customer could check to see if there's other road traffic immediately around the airport - that would indicate that the plugin is functioning.
It certainly was compatible previously so if you could oblige and check about the traffic functionality immediately around the airport it would help.
Thanks

Hi Jon,

yes I run the 2 Verify Files.

I will check the road traffic and let you know.

Many thanks

Marco

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Hi Marco

Thanks

Hi Jon,

unfortunately no road traffic around the airport :(

Cheers 

Marco

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Looks like it may be an incompatibility issue  then as the dev has indicated.

Can you confirm that you have the ground traffic files both when you open the EGLC folder and also in the plugins folder.

Hi Jon,I have  put these 2 Folders in my Custom Scenery folder (see attached pictures)1450455728_Schermata2021-08-01alle13_41_21.thumb.png.9ea84c6ce9f6e1d8eb0c75ad399a1b50.png1087107297_Schermata2021-08-01alle13_45_08.thumb.png.4edd3972df134d66e5c956304cc6404d.png

Thanks for the info. You say you "have put" those folders into Custom Scenery. I assumed they were already in there were they not? Not quite understanding the relevance of the pics unless to conform my question as to whether you hade the ground traffic files.

Something must have changed in Mac to make the ground traffic file incompatible.

@Jon and @Sentry11

Many thanks for your help!

I put also your attached GroundTraffic.txt into the main EGLC but unfortunately the Firebrigade Trucks won't appear. 

It is also very weird to me, the Error message in the Log.txt:

"GroundTraffic: Can't find groundtraffic.txt in /Users/Marco 1/Desktop/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/plugins"

I attached also the complete Log.txt. 

Many thanks

Marco

ORB-EGLC.thumb.jpg.368dfaa0af07951ff04f7a730e6ac645.jpg

Log.jpg

Log copia.txt

@marco1212  --   Are you getting an error message on screen when you load Orbx EGLC - London City?

Going by your last log.txt file I see you don't have Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South installed which usually is required to have Orbx EGLC - London City working properly.

Without TE GB South installed you may find tugs and other airport vehicles not showing, or half buried in the tarmac.

Could you try updating XP 11 by running the XP installer again to correct for any missing or corrupt XP files? Then  give Orbx EGLC - London City another go to see if the fire trucks show.

Also it wouldn't hurt to attach your "scenery_packs.ini" file for Jon to look over for correct layering.

@marco1212  --  Can you please advise me whether or not if you are getting an on screen error message when you load Orbx EGLC - LondonCity?

Can you advise if you re-ran the XP installer updater app to check for missing or corrupt files?

In your last posted "scenery_packs.ini" file it shows "Global Airports" not being loaded. Where is "Global Airports" folder?

@Sentry11

In your last posted "scenery_packs.ini" file it shows "Global Airports" not being loaded. Where is "Global Airports" folder?

Could you please explain me, why I should have put the Global Airports folder and the Orbx EGLC folder in the Custom Scenery folder??

1. I have no error message on screen when loading Orbx EGLC.

2. Re-ran the XP installer updater

Cheers

Marco

@marco1212  --  "Global Airports" are XP default, and XP Gateway airports which are required by XP.

"Orbx EGLC LondonCity" is a payed third party airport addon. The "Global Airports" and all other third party airport folders are required by XP to be in the XP "Custom Scenery" folder.

If you re-ran the XP installer then it should have automatically created a fresh XP "Global Airports" folder and any missing, or corrupt XP files into the XP "Custom Scenery" folder.

XP 11.55r2, macOS Big Sur 11.5.1

@Jon Clarke  --  I tried with every possible solution that I can think of on the iMac with stock XP, no other third party plugins, Orbx TE GB South and Orbx EGLC - LondonCity both verified by Central and came out with the same results as @marco1212

Your previous suspicions as to the possible cause of the problem could have some merit.