True Earth: Clearing autogen in the glidepath

In the past, when I found tall/excess trees in the glidepath of any particular runway I simply built an autogen exclusion in a CVX.bgl to take care of it.  That no longer seems to work if True Earth is installed.  Is there a method to clear the glidepath of autogen with True Earth installed?

57FA Lake X in St. Cloud, FL.  

But the question is not about a particular airport.  I have built some legacy airports that no longer exist, much like Meigs.  When I try to exclude autogen to clear the glidepaths (or the airport background for that matter), it doesn't work if True Earth is running.   The question is, with True Earth how do I clear autogen and flatten airports? 

Edited by whamil77

Hi there,

unfortunately, autogen excludes don't work on autogen placed with photoreal imagery. That's not specific to TrueEarth but rather true for all autogen that isn't placed via landclass tiles. To manually remove or alter this type of autogen requires loading the corresponding orthoimage tile into Annotator.exe, along with the correct autogen definition .xml files; see the SDK documentation of autogen placement.

A work-around, if it's only a few trees or buildings, is to place small objects on top of each autogen object, for example one of the default shrubs. If those objects have their suppress-autogen flags set the autogen will no longer display.

Cheers, Holger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1