EA-7 Edgley - Internal camera can exit cockpit

On default aircraft the movement of the internal camera (ie your head) is constrained by the cockpit windows etc.

I've just noticed that the Optica has no such limits, which feels peculiar as your head just passes through the plexiglass into the slipstream.

Perhaps something to add to the next revision?

Cheers,

Nick

3 hours ago, Nick Staib said:

On default aircraft the movement of the internal camera (ie your head) is constrained by the cockpit windows etc.

I've just noticed that the Optica has no such limits, which feels peculiar as your head just passes through the plexiglass into the slipstream.

Perhaps something to add to the next revision?

Cheers,

Nick

Also some other payware aircraft don't have this limitation, e.g. the JF Arrow. I personally think that's quite convenient as you can go away from the plane and freely move around. It is just like kinda drone mode or outside view. 

All good points, guys, though I find drone mode better and more fluid for moving around externally. (I launch it with the Insert key and use the two joysticks of a USB connected gamepad to move around, including peering up and down. Perfect for walk arounds.)

I use the arrow keys just to move right or left, and up or down, and prefer to stay well within the cockpit at altitude.

21 minutes ago, Nick Staib said:

All good points, guys, though I find drone mode better and more fluid for moving around externally. (I launch it with the Insert key and use the two joysticks of a USB connected gamepad to move around, including peering up and down. Perfect for walk arounds.)

I use the arrow keys just to move right or left, and up or down, and prefer to stay well within the cockpit at altitude.

Yes, me too, but I have no difficulty in staying in the cockpit!

Archived