Orbx Compton Abbas causing problems...

Hi,

today I bought Orbx Compton Abbas to add to my Orbx EU England.

When I try to go to the installed Orbx Compton Abbas airport, P3Dv3 CTDs just where "Loading Terrain Data" would be displayed.  If I reload and try to go to the EU England Bournemouth it also CTDs. If I go to the EU England Southampton it loads fine. If I then fly from Southampton heading towards the West to overfly Bournemouth it CTDs just short of that airport.  If I fly from Southampton heading west to overfly Compton Abbas it CTDs just short of the airport (10 -12nm). 

If I then uninstall the Orbx Compton Abbas I can visit the EU England Compton and EU England Bournemouth without any problems.

I tried the above with all the configurable options defaulted and then off with the same absolutely disappointing result.

I also tried the Verify Files which gave no indication of any problems.

I see no reference to this problem in the forums, to my knowledge.

Any ideas?

Walter Byrne

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

Hello Walter

Have tou tried with Crash Detection unchecked in the Options ?

Hi, Smudger,

I set Crash Detection off in the sim and tried again, without success.

Actually, while I was uninstalling and reinstalling Compton doing the above check, a notice came up on Orbx Central saying that there was an update available for the product. I thought it was Christmas and my birthday together - that Orbx had seen my problem and fixed it the same day! So I tried it - what a downer - it made no difference! at all!

Thanks,

Walter

Hi Nick,

well, I have had my cup of coffee and a hot scone in Compton Abbas now, thanks to you.

Your file didn't overwrite anything and I had to rename the existing file EGHA_ADEP2_TRB.BGL (as EGHA_ADEP2_TRB.BGX) in order to get it to work.

I went to Bournemouth too, so that problem is also solved

I travelled from Bournemouth to Compton Abbas - wow, it is very hard to find the airfield - it took a lot of experimentation and low-flying near misses to locate it, but it certainly exists! I am still not 100% convinced that it is visible from 1500' AGL!! :-)

Thanks for the quick and effective response.

Walter

Hi Nick,

since I am on a roll with solutions from you today....  any chance you have a fix for Orbx EGTH Old Warden, which is exhibiting similar problems to Compton Abbas,  not loading, causing CTDs when trying to go to it or to fly near it.

Thanks

Walter