Arlington and TrueEarth Washington, Israel's Farm Compatibility

Hi, I noticed that you now also sell Airfoillabs' Arlington for X-Plane 11. This product was incompatible with TrueEarth and Israel's Farm in the past, see this thread on the x-plane.org forums. Was this solved for the release in your store or is it still incompatible with these products? I think a comment in this regard would be helpful on the product page either way.

AFL are a new partner who use Orbx as a retail outlet.

For support on this addon please note the following on the addon's product page in Orbx Direct:

This product has been produced by Airfoillabs. For Airfoillabs product support, please to go https://www.airfoillabs.com/bug-reports

I installed it on my setup and did not notice any conflicts, but I was only looking around the airport and not any further at the time. At no time did i h=get any error messages etc.

AFL should be able to answer your question definitively.

I bought and tested it and unfortunately it does not seem compatible with TrueEarth. See below for a screenshot of the refinery near Anacortes both without and with the Arlington scenery. With the Arlington scenery active, TrueEarth doesn't render correctly.

452988377_PT19-2021-05-2720_22_57.thumb.png.b9b74b1980d0bee044754ea93ac62bf0.png385022667_PT19-2021-05-278_26_54PM.thumb.png.b63e6862ad499c0ee953ab864d4d5302.png

@Jon Clarke  @Polytoximaniac

FWIW

XP 11.53 (Vulkan)

Orbx TE Washington

Orbx WA56_Israels Farm

AFL KAWO Arlington Area v1.1

Orbx 74S Anacortes

AFL Object Library v1.0.1

xJet Plugin v1.5.0

First two screenshots are Israel's Farm and Arlington Field.

Last three screenshots are  Anacortes, AP, Tank Farm island and a shot of Anacortes viewed from the Tank Farm

After reviewing all screenshots I do not see anything out of the ordinary.

@Polytoximaniac  -- Maybe you could you please attach your "log.txt" and "scenery_packs.ini" files for Jon to review.

X-Plane 2021-05-27 23-52-22.jpg

X-Plane 2021-05-27 23-43-42.jpg

X-Plane 2021-05-27 23-50-29.jpg

X-Plane 2021-05-27 23-49-12.jpg

X-Plane 2021-05-27 23-47-19.jpg

@Jon Clarke  -- Here you go.

@Polytoximaniac

I wonder if using Orbx Washington HD and Orbx Washington Enhanced vs using Orbx Washington SD is causing the difference?

Also, do either one of you have "Allan / Burrows Islands" by "Propstrike" installed? Their mesh also could be causing a conflict as both those islands are very close to "Anacortes".

2021-05-28 03_26_13-_Untitled - Notepad.png

2021-05-28 02_29_34-Orbx Central.jpg

Edited by Sentry11

Well I guess the only way to find out what is causing the problem is to have someone else with Orbx TE Washington HD, Orbx enhanced Washington, Orbx Anacortes and AFL Arlington installed to see whether the HD and Enhanced Washington are required to display the scenery properly.

Oh! One other thing I purchased AFL Arlington from the X-Plane Org store before it was offered through Orbx, but I doubt that would have any bearing on the scenery displaying properly.

Edited by Sentry11

@Polytoximaniac @Sentry11

I have resolved the issue.

In the AFL addon is a folder called ZAFL Mesh +48-123 which I had not noticed before.

Either remove (which will probably give a scenery error message on screen) or move to the bottom of the scnery_packs.ini.

Here are 3 pics showing the conflict gone.

Al pics are with TE Washington SD displaying

The Tank Farm near Anacortes:

Capture.thumb.JPG.6c11c62a5822925a9e7e28d4e0b4e51b.JPG

At AFL KAWO showing the town:

Capture1.thumb.JPG.83bd871e52a0213dc82a1abf1c7a2193.JPG

2nd pic at KAWO over the airport:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.f6aa79d94e155a7f23a820f60af43246.JPG

• Like 2

Jon, good show for cracking it. I always wondered what that folder was for but never really bothered to look into it, now I know.

By the way, are you related to Roy Clarke the creator of one of my favourite  British comedies?

Thanks Much

Sorry for the late response, busy work day.

I moved the ZAFL Mesh folder down in the .ini as suggested and did a low & slow flight passing all the Orbx scenery nearby (Anacortes, Arlington, Darlington, Israel's Farm, Skagit, Orcas Island) and everything looked perfect.

Thanks a lot Jon for looking into this!

16 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Jon, good show for cracking it. I always wondered what that folder was for but never really bothered to look into it, now I know.

By the way, are you related to Roy Clarke the creator of one of my favourite  British comedies?

Thanks Much

No I am not. I am only related to my late parents and siblings:lol: Last of the Summer Wine etc?