Thinking of buying Honeycomb Throttle.

Dadtom65

As above as my son bought the Yoke and seems the only place you can get it is in America. But my question is does it come with a universal power supply as if it does not then not much point in getting it from America. Thanks Derek.

Thanks for the reply Bluemarlin and I suppose it gets its power from the usb like all the others do. Why didn’t I think of that. As for getting one will probably have to wait until the supply is back again. Thanks Derek.

I don't know about on your side of the Pond, but I've found that here in the 'States the real-world pilot shops often have flight simulator gear when the FS sites do not.  Look in they're "Training and Flight SIM" section.  They sometimes even have better prices.

Throttle is powered by USB on back of throttle. USB C on throttle, cable is regular USB on other end. I preordered three throttles (only wanted two, but somehow ordered three). One directly from Honeycomb, one from aircraft supplier (Aircraft Spruce and Specialty) and one from Flight Velocity. Aircraft Spruce order came first, then Honeycomb and finally Flight Velocity. Returned the Flight Velocity order so someone else could get a throttle at the regular price. Great product, only complaints are the autopilot value rotary knob should be dual concentric to make altitude switching quicker and there is no provision for identifying the switches. I solved the switch ID problem by creating a holder for a Brother tape and putting the IDs on a piece of tape.

There are also some mods for the throttle (different flap and throttle handles) at FREESimStuff.com. You need a 3d printer to make the parts. Also some mods for Saitek throttles at that site. Probably will see a lot more mods available over time.

Just preordered the Airbus control set from Honeycomb. The versatility of this throttle is one more reason to buy it. Hope they come up with a set of controls for generic twin and single engine business jets. X-Plane and MSFS business/personal jets are my favorite fast movers. Easier to fly single pilot than the airliners and usually can use smaller airports.

Bought a Beech style knurlled trim wheel cover for my Honeycomb Bravo from a guy who 3D prints in the USA, he advertises on Ebay, clips on with no drilling or anything required, very happy with it, prefer it to the smooth trim wheel that comes as stock.

Archived