San Diego (KSAN) Runway and Taxi Bumps

I have flown into and out of KSAN a lot, but today (25 Mar) I had bumps exiting runway at C4, intersections C4-C and C-H ( entering Signature's ramp area.

Not enough to flip the plane or to break the landing gear, but noticeable.  Not certain if this is Orbx or Asobo.  Just reporting.

Love dropping in over the parking structure on short final to 27.

Edit; I found in the MSFS forums reports of this happening at other airports.

Runway Tears / Terrain Issues in Photogrammetry Areas - Bugs & Issues / Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Yes I believe we found this particularly evident at KSJC, where fast trips into landing saw lots of little mesh cliffs.  it's an Asobo issue fundamentally, but any extra demands on the CPU/GPU will make it worse.  As far as I know the only fix is to have settings that are low enough for the inbuilt mesh engine to keep up.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, ArcaneTechSgt said:

I have flown into and out of KSAN a lot, but today (25 Mar) I had bumps exiting runway at C4, intersections C4-C and C-H ( entering Signature's ramp area.

Not enough to flip the plane or to break the landing gear, but noticeable.  Not certain if this is Orbx or Asobo.  Just reporting.

Love dropping in over the parking structure on short final to 27.

Edit; I found in the MSFS forums reports of this happening at other airports.

Runway Tears / Terrain Issues in Photogrammetry Areas - Bugs & Issues / Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

On 3/26/2021 at 8:34 AM, John Dow said:

Yes I believe we found this particularly evident at KSJC, where fast trips into landing saw lots of little mesh cliffs.  it's an Asobo issue fundamentally, but any extra demands on the CPU/GPU will make it worse.  As far as I know the only fix is to have settings that are low enough for the inbuilt mesh engine to keep up.

This happens not inly at KSAN but at many demanding airports/areas and is actually not an isdue, but as John said a matter of having the settings too high for a particular system.

Archived