MSFS: Departing LWOH, Macedonia, at Dusk

TigerTigerM

Leaving Ohrid St Paul The Apostle, (LWOH), Macedonia  at dusk, for Boryspil, (UKBB), in the Ukraine.

Departure takes you out over a fairly large lake & I noticed that there is one ILS approach available, which comes in over the lake, due to hills at the other end.

Interesting geography & perhaps Teo can tell me what is being cultivated in narrow strips , parallel to the runway?

Once over the lake I turned back to head past the airport towards the Ukraine. 

It's not a huge airport, but has lots of character & some challenging topography if you were arriving in cloudy conditions.

TTM

Departing & headed out towards the lake.

ac-1.jpg

Airport buildings are under the 700.

ac-3.jpg

Note the patchwork land strips either side of the runway. They are?

ac-4.jpg

As you turn back over the lake there are hills in the distance. Very scenic area.

ac-5.jpg

Coming back, headed for the Ukraine.

ac-6.jpg

Yes, overspeed. I was too busy looking at the narrow cultivated strips of land!

ac-7.jpg

Another look at the patchwork cultivation. Perhaps the white strips are chalky soil??

aaa-1.jpg

Awesome shots man.

Thats the reason why I started to work on Ohrid.It has difficult approach and circle to land procedure due to high terrain near the airport.
As you depart from Ohrid, in that case heading to Ukraine, until you leave North Macedonia, there are only mountains and it is really good...but definetely the approach is mine favourite haha.

Btw, the narrow strips are the roads inbound the airport, I hate when I see default overlay on the roads in MSFS...that white transparent line, so I decided to make them as polygon but without any lines, because I don't think they are really neccessary, the only thing they can do is just impact on fps nothing else haha.

Cheers

Teo

1 hour ago, Teo Gerovski said:

Awesome shots man.

Thats the reason why I started to work on Ohrid.It has difficult approach and circle to land procedure due to high terrain near the airport.
As you depart from Ohrid, in that case heading to Ukraine, until you leave North Macedonia, there are only mountains and it is really good...but definetely the approach is mine favourite haha.

Btw, the narrow strips are the roads inbound the airport, I hate when I see default overlay on the roads in MSFS...that white transparent line, so I decided to make them as polygon but without any lines, because I don't think they are really neccessary, the only thing they can do is just impact on fps nothing else haha.

Cheers

Teo

I noticed there does not appear to be a South Macedonia, is that a historical thing?

TTM

2 minutes ago, Teo Gerovski said:

Haha no, political purposes...

Cheers

Teo

Ah!

A good way to give Ohrid some exposure would be  for someone to do a video for YouTube.

A dawn or dusk arrival over the lake would look spectacular.

Unfortunately, I can only do still shots.

TTM

Archived