Have you made sure w/ MSFS airports include the display of ILS frequencies in Waypoint Info > Airport > Frequecies?

I bought KSBA for MSFS from Orbx only to discover the ILS freq were omitted.  All default airports display them corectly in the TBM930's MFD.  When I installed KSBA they are absent.  I tried to work w/ you to resolve this, but it's not been resolve yet at least not w/ the one update for KSBA.  I am interested in more airports for MSFS but won't buy any w/o this being done correctly.   Of note FSDreamTeam discovered how to do this, and did for their CYVR, so it's possible to fix if you care.  Let me know please, thanks.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have asked the developer to take a look for you.

Thank you Nick.  As well Nick and this is important:  please make sure ALL developers selling under Orbx Control Center hear about this issue.  

Here is the prior thread on this:  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/200707-ksba-ils-freq-for-07-is-missing-from-the-mfd-freq-section-in-tbm930g3000-avionics/?tab=comments#comment-1715387

26 minutes ago, Noel said:

please make sure ALL developers selling under Orbx Control Center hear about this issue

+1

To delve a bit deeper into the issue: The FBW Airbus, WT CJ4 and WT G3000 equipped aircraft are able to autotune the ILS frequency if the approach is selected within the avionic system (FMS/Garmin). This is working for ALL stock airports and for NONE of my +10 Orbx- (and partner-) airports. Apparently the ILS's are functional for all these airports, yet the database loader (or whatever that MSFS thingy working in the background is) doesn't recognise them. You can tune the ILS manually and it's working as expected, but that's not how the aircraft are meant to be operated - and it's a widespread third-party scenery developer issue. As some developers seem to have solved the problem it should rightfully be considered standard in scenery design for MSFS.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, Nick Cooper said:

I have asked the developer to take a look for you.

You might want to hint your developers to this post at FSDT's forum.

I'm not an expert, but I was able to learn that there seems to be a difference to FSX/P3D design in so far as changing the runway record without including the ILS record (two scenery thingies commonly known to developers obviously) makes autotune fail. Seems to be doable once you know the deal (there's obiously still an issue with Magnetic/True heading, but hey, that's why we don't do airports ourselves, isn't it?)

4 hours ago, TomL said:

You might want to hint your developers to this post at FSDT's forum.

I am pretty sure Orbx developers know on their own how to do this. It is porbably just not on their priority to do list, which I could understand, since these frequencies can easily be tuned manually.

25 minutes ago, wolfko said:

since these frequencies can easily be tuned manually.

Yeah, it's not that I wouldn't know THAT - as that's how we've done it when I learned flying. But thanks for the lecture anyway.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:24 PM, TomL said:

Yeah, it's not that I wouldn't know THAT - as that's how we've done it when I learned flying. But thanks for the lecture anyway.

So if you know anyway, don't be so lazy.:D

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 4:10 AM, Misha Cajic said:

Hi all,

Apologies for missing this. The default ILS shouldn't be excluded, I'll check what's up with that.

Cheers, Misha

Hey Misha, what's up with this?  Please review and comment that you are in fact looking into it and when you will update it to work correctly.  Read Umberto's comments it might help you nail down what went wrong.  Thanks

14 hours ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi Noel,

It will be fixed in the next 2 weeks. Apologies for the delay, I'm currently overseas without access to my dev computer and I've had serious commitments outside of Orbx.

Cheers, Misha

Great, Misha, touch base w/ Roman of Roman Designs--he just implemented the fix for his good work there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived