Orbx Queenstown runway crazy!

Do you have Little Nav Map ?

If so it will show the files used for an airport which is really helpful for tracking issues, I found I needed to mark a file as ".off" to avoid a clash and resultant elevation issues.

In my case the file was ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL being the default airport in the Orbx NZ South Island package which I assume you also have.

Otherwise I wouldn't count on Orbx fixing, maintenance of existing packages tends to be right down on the bottom of the priority scale (with a few notable exceptions).

Cheers

On 3/6/2021 at 6:52 PM, John Heaton said:

Are you using the Orbx NZ South default without  the Orbx Queenstown addon payware ??

If not - and you fly NZ in P3D regular - then you might try the Orbx payware Queenstown 

nothing wrong with that:)

NZ Queenstown.jpg

actually, you'd be wrong

NZSI is the root cause of this issue

scenario 1) with NZSI and ZQN installed - if you load at say, WLG, then fly into ZQN, you will get what the OP has reported

scenario 2) with NZSI and ZQN installed - if you load at ZQN and fly out of ZQN, you wont get the scenery issues

scenario 3) with NZSI and ZQN NOT installed - if you fly from wellington to the default queenstown scenery, you will note a degradation in performance.

ergo, it is NZSI causing issues

Ahem !! - please tell me where I was WRONG ??

I said ----

"then you might try the Orbx payware Queenstown  - nothing wrong with that:) (Payware Queenstown)

You said ----

"(scenario 2) with NZSI and ZQN installed - if you load at ZQN and fly out of ZQN, you wont get the scenery issues"

In the past 2 weeks - I have flown into and out of NZQN - from default Wellington - Orbx Milford Sound - default Canterbury and departed to a few local default strips - reprising actual physical flights I made in the 70s ---- and never seen that at Queenstown with Orbx - using NZSI

However - if Rheinhard recognises the problem - the the OP will one day be satisfied

11 hours ago, John Heaton said:

However - if Rheinhard recognises the problem - the the OP will one day be satisfied

Just for clarification: I am also a simple customer suffering from this problem waiting for the fix, which hopefully will be provided by Orbx.

I have NZSI and NZQN from Orbx installed and I see exactly the problem of Mitch. I have deinstalled and reinstalled both products. But the problem stayed for me.

Rgds
Reinhard

On 3/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, John Heaton said:

Ahem !! - please tell me where I was WRONG ??

I said ----

"then you might try the Orbx payware Queenstown  - nothing wrong with that:) (Payware Queenstown)

You said ----

"(scenario 2) with NZSI and ZQN installed - if you load at ZQN and fly out of ZQN, you wont get the scenery issues"

In the past 2 weeks - I have flown into and out of NZQN - from default Wellington - Orbx Milford Sound - default Canterbury and departed to a few local default strips - reprising actual physical flights I made in the 70s ---- and never seen that at Queenstown with Orbx - using NZSI

what youve written is unnecessarily confusing and centralises on the fact that you DEPART queenstown as referenced in your image. as i said, BASED ON WHAT YOU INITIALLY SAID AND PROVIDED, the problem IS NOT evident when you spawn at queenstown, and almost certainly not prevalent if opersting in a bug smasher.

IT IS prevalent when using complex sim airplanes.

if youre not seeing it, im glad for you... but at least 5 others in addition to yours truly get this problem... thats NOT including the OP, Rheinhard, and the other threads created to highlight this EXACT problem

I'm also having same issue, Have NZSI installed as well but also the Payware, the issues seems to be the NZSI/NZSI as I have to go into the NZSI/NZNI Scenery folder and turn all the related airport to ".off" otherwise they interfere with my payware scenery. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to respect the Library Order at all.

Gave this a test.

I am running NZ-SI/NZ-NI and the additional NZQN, all Orbx, plus I have the default NZ-SI NZQN disabled (via the .off method, e.g. ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL.OFF).

NZ-SI/NZ-NI are installed into the Sim Root with NZQN installed via the Add-on xml method.

Originating airport was NZRX with a straight flight to NZQN.

And low and behold half the runway doesn't show up, and yes doesn't occur if the airport is the orientating airport.

Sounds like the ball is firmly in Orbx's side of the court...

5BE2D61D30A1DB838042F401DB4C6090DF032247

On 3/21/2021 at 1:12 AM, Graham Eccleston said:

The flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown in the P3D default Mooney Acclaim is one I do regularly. Quite spectacular flying through the valleys rather than over the top.

One I recommend. 

Hi Graham,

While looking to prepare this flight plan, I discovered I have TWO Queenstown  on the same spot : NZQZ and NZQN.

Is this due to a change of ICAO code and should I delete the NZQZ file ?

LittleNavMap Airports Overview

Scenery
1106 Base
G:\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\1106\scenery\APX92480.bgl
FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY
H:\OrbxAU\p3dv5\NZ South Island\Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN.BGL
FTX_AA_NZQN
H:\OrbxAU\p3dv5\NZQN Queenstown Airport\Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZQN\Scenery\ORBX_NZQN_APX.BGL

and 

Scenery
FTX_AA_NZQN
H:\OrbxAU\p3dv5\NZQN Queenstown Airport\Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZQN\Scenery\ORBX_NZQZ_APX.BGL

What waypoint do you recommand - should I follow the coast up to Martins Bay Lodge and then folllow the valleys ?

Thanks for the tip :)

Gérard

NZQZ is the crosswind runway used by smaller GA aircraft to separate them from the larger airline traffic. Due to the limitations of FSX and P3D, this is the only way to separate the two AI traffic types. Don’t delete NZQZ or you will lose all your GA AI traffic.

If you wish to land on the main runway select NZQN. If you prefer to land on the smaller crosswind runway, select NZQZ.

Up the coast and then inland via the valleys is my normal route. 

Archived