Milviz Beaver

Paul Jensen

Where to start. I originally purchased this airplane from Milviz January 2020 approx. Realized it would not work on my computer graphic card so just put it away for future use. Also had my proof of purchase stored on my hard drive. Well my hard drive crashed and I needed to upgrade so spent over $2000.00 upgrading my computer. Now I have a very nice power house and installed my new Beaver (my favorite airplane). I have had a lot of issues and probably because I downloaded it and had my virus software running. Can't remember and that is because I am an old one. Milviz seem to not give a damn about helping, probably because I can't prove to them I actually purchased it. I have been on their forum searching as well as asking for some help. Nothing so far. 

I was installing my Orbx when I realized I could have purchased the beaver from you. Now I am sorry I purchased from Milviz as your products and service are awesome. So the other day I purchased the Milviz Beaver from your site and you guys installed it. I had some problems. I managed to get the gauges and prop lever working but I still have no Panel lights or VC lights. I am pretty sure it has to do with an xml.dll issue but I am not good enough to figure it out.

If anyone has any idea's as to what I might be able to do it would sure be appreciated if you would help me. 

Frustrated 

Paul

Thanks for you help, I don't think I should waste anymore of your time. In the process of trying to fix this Beaver I had actually found that file at FSdevelopers. It did fix my gauges and prop lever but never did anything with the lighting issue. So I did download the file you led me to and installed it. Still no lighting. I might not be following through enough as I read on their page to also download the xmltools3d which I have done so will get busy and see what I am doing wrong. I am still glad I bought the Milviz from your site as Milviz has never gotten back to me with what I need to register on their forum for better support. I sent them a copy of proof from your site so they know that I actually did buy it. Not sure I would buy anymore of their planes. I did have to have this beaver as it is pretty nice.

Thanks again for what you have done. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Paul

Hello,

if I uninstall XMLTools and then run Verify files for the Beaver, Orbx Central automatically checks, finds that XMLTools is missing and installs it again.

2.jpg

If it's any help, it can be made to work.

I have only the Orbx Central version.

2021-2-23_21-42-25-820.jpg

2021-2-23_21-42-31-815.jpg

2021-2-23_21-42-51-958.jpg

Hello again:

I the first picture I see the xmltools installer. Where do you access it, I have never seen it in any of the beaver installs from your site. Before I go on I must tell you that I very much appreciate your patients with me. I also need to tell you that I live in a remote area in British Columbia and our internet access is through Xplornet.com. This month I have managed to max out our usage so downloading anything is nearly impossible. I will have full speed once our account reactivates in 4 days.

What I am going to do is completely uninstall the Milviz Beaver and do a full install from your site. Are there any settings I need to make in order to have a successful download. I am using Wim 10 for my OS. It is amazing how much trouble I have had with this download, don't think it has been this bad ever.

Hello again Nick:

Well I have done a complete uninstall of the Milviz Beaver and reinstall from your Orbx Central. I made sure my win10 defender was turned of while I did the new install. Once installed I ran the varify files. Checked out the aircraft and no instruments or VC, panel lights. I then installed the following XMLtools. See attached picture. I did another verify files and checked aircraft. This time all instruments and prop lever worked but no lights. I made sure the lighting dials on dash were all the way on still nothing. You can see from pictures the only light I get are the radio's. You mentioned earlier that I should look for the XMLtool in product list, I don't have that in my Central product list. You then directed me to the fsdeveloper site to download the tool. I am wondering if I downloaded the wrong xmltool. I have tried the others that are listed for P3d and had not luck either. 

Not sure what to do. I see that once I installed the XMLtool it appears in the main sim folder as (xmltools64.dll). I also checked the xml.dll in user,appdat,roaming,etc. and this was added to that xml.dll.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

I don't know what to do from here.

Paul

xmltool used.jpg

Milviz night lights.jpg

Hello,

you appear to have done everything that I have, but with the opposite result.

I have tried both the Orbx Central installation and the XMLTools installer, not

surprisingly, both of them do the same thing.

Which exact version of P3D v4 are you using?

The installer that I downloaded is prepar3D_4.5.14.34698.zip. I am totally stumped. I did receive an email from Oisin Little Product Manager from Milviz. I had contacted them at one point and they did respond. He was wondering how I have made out. I told him you were helping me an I would see what happens. 

I will not be home today so will work on this later.

Paul

Hello Nick:

I just got home and while I was out I thought I would check out Milviz's P38 that came with P3d 4.5 and I also does not have instrument or VC lights. Just thought I would let you know.

Paul

Hmmmm. In situations like this I wonder if file/folder permissions might be causing the problem. But without knowing what Milviz needs to access in its products I can't rven suggest where you can start looking. 

October 8 2020 daveyg073 posted a fix he had found as he had similar issues. at [https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/xmltools-a-common-xml-expansion-module-for-fsx.131/][/url] 

I followed this link to fsdeveloper and downloaded that xmltools installer and I got everything working, gauges and lighting. I did find that I had problems with my rudders and some yoke functions so deleted it. BIG mistake as I found out later that I just needed to recon fig my controllers. I tried to access the link again but this time I was told the page was no longer available or something like that. I was wondering if it would be possible to find this xmltool again.

Paul

Thanks Nick:

I must have tried that link 6-8 times with no luck. I did download it and install it but no good. I must have been dreaming or something. I think I just might forget about this issue and fly in daylight. This is becoming frustrating. I had originally purchase a copy of this from Aerosoft january 2020 as Oisin found out for me. So last night I tried a new download from my account there, also with no luck. Did everything I thought I should do.

I do thank you for efforts and if by chance you come across a fix I hope you remember  me.

Thanks again 

Paul

Hello Nick. 

Thanks again for your efforts to help me, but it does not seem that I am going to solve this problem. I have been in contact with milviz support forum for assistance and also no help other then to give me further instructions as to ensure my Win defender is turned off etc. I have followed there instructions and have also done this on your site, nothing I do seems to fix the lighting issue. All other functions in this aircraft work great. I have also gone to Aerosoft to redownload the Beaver and they give a warning on their site and instructions on what to do as there are issues with some downloads. I have also downloaded the Aerosoft beaver to my laptop which runs win7 with all my aniti virus software disabled. Nothing is working for me.

Would it be possible to have a hard copy of this Beaver mailed to me. Only asking because once upon a time that was how we received software. That is I originally purchased your scenery. If this is not possible I will contact Milviz to see if they can help. If I didn't like this airplane so much I would just dump it and forget it. It's only money.

Attached below is the response I got from Milviz support. When I start my task manger I see Lockheed Martin running but not Milviz lighting service. I guess that is my problem.

Paul

This product used our older lighting system. That being said there are a couple of things you must do or the product will not get installed properly and your antivirus will delete the lighting services:

1) Make sure your P3D folder is excluded from antivirus scans ( set an exclusion in WIndows defender)
2) Right click the installer and run as admin

I have seen windows defender delete the lighting service many times with no notification. Rest assured there is no virus.

For troubleshooting:

When P3D is running please user ctrl+alt+delete and bring up windows task manager and drill down on the P3D process, you should see Milviz Lighting Service under P3D like this:

lighting.JPG

Yes it is quite possible I have something stopping the install. I am new to win10 so good possibility but I have turned everything off I can find in windows security. I did have Norton installed at one time but I uninstalled it. Maybe it is till hiding in my computer somewhere.

I guess I am just going to have to mess about and hopefully I will stumble across the problem. I might call the computer store who assembled my new machine and discuss it. They are great people and maybe they will have some ideas.

I will let you know.

Thanks again for all you have done.

Paul

Archived