Orbx Weather Preset Pro

Hello,

I purchased Orbx Weather Preset Pro and have a question about where this program installs to.

First, the addon works properly and I am very happy with the results.

However, I like to keep all my addons in the community folder and manage them using addon linker. I really don't want addons littered outside of this folder - I am really hesitant/cautious about this.

When I installed this addon, I did not notice a new folder in the community folder. So where did this addon install to? If somewhere else, am I able to copy it into the community folder and delete/clean it completely from wherever it was installed to? Basically, I want to treat it just like any other addon.

I am using the Steam version of MSFS2020.

Thanks for the help.

Not able to find it yet for the Steam version. [edit] Nevermind, found it. Here it is for future readers who use steam version:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Weather\Presets

However, my install is only 26 kb? It's smaller but all the presets are listed there.

My other question is regarding whether I can just copy the contents in the community folder similar to other addons, and delete it from current install location.

I doubt it very much, it does not seem to work in the same way as other addons.

Also, if you "delete it from current install location" then Orbx Central will no longer

be able to work with it.

My advice would be to leave it alone, it is very small and has nothing in common

with other addon types. 

On 2/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, Sharpe said:

Hello,

I purchased Orbx Weather Preset Pro and have a question about where this program installs to.

First, the addon works properly and I am very happy with the results.

However, I like to keep all my addons in the community folder and manage them using addon linker. I really don't want addons littered outside of this folder - I am really hesitant/cautious about this.

When I installed this addon, I did not notice a new folder in the community folder. So where did this addon install to? If somewhere else, am I able to copy it into the community folder and delete/clean it completely from wherever it was installed to? Basically, I want to treat it just like any other addon.

I am using the Steam version of MSFS2020.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for the question.

Simply put, the weather presets are left in that file to make sure it's readable by the simulator as that is where they default to. We experimented with creating a community folder, but it caused some issues and meant that people weren't able to then customise the weather presets.

Hope that helps.

Archived