Leeds Bradford EGNM bumpy Taxi way issue

Hi there, there still seems to be an issue at EGNM where the taxi way (Taxi way G meets Taxi way L) the tarmac seems to have very raised and sharp elevation making any aircraft tilt excessively when turning. This issue was apparent before the UK update and I waited to report it just to make sure the update didn't update the elevation data too.   

ORBX EGNM.jpg

Hi there,

I've gone back to double check that nothing has changed but can't replicate this (I remember checking all the taxiways during the beta).

Have you tried verifying files for EGNM in Orbx central?

It's possible that another addon is causing a conflict. You could try moving everything apart from EGNM out of your community folder and see if it still occurs.

2125150251_nobump.thumb.jpg.c0a55776e0cd4dde319caa594c9ebe96.jpg

All the best,

John

Ah thanks! 

Strange, I have just uninstalled and reinstalled EGNM and verified the install and it is still showing the old version. Could you please tell me what versions EGNT EGPN LOWZ are as I have these installed also?

Many thanks

ORBX EGNM 05.jpg

ORBX EGNM 06.jpg

Hi there,

EGNT should be 1.1.0

LOWZ should be 1.2.0

EGPN should be 1.0.0

I did a flight from EGPN this morning (it's almost my local airport) and noticed that, since the update, there is a second windsock and one of the hangars is duplicated. Presumably Asobo updated their default airport a bit! All else seems fine.

All the best,

John

No worries John, I would have never noticed if I hadn't parked in that particular spot. I love a good levitation act anyway ;) Apparently the EGNM issue is because I'm not seeing the updated version in my Orbx Central so hopefully that will be the fix. EGNM is my local airport and the Runway and Taxi ways are really bumpy in real life there, but I'm worried I will take that corner too fast one day and have a wing strike on the ground! ;)  

39 minutes ago, CHORNE82 said:

I'm not seeing the updated version in my Orbx Central so hopefully that will be the fix

I may owe you an apology there. I was sure that update had been released but, possibly, not yet.

Some other improvements had been suggested so that's possibly delayed things a bit.

If so, rest assured, the bumpy taxiways will be a thing of the past.

All the best,

John

2 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

I may owe you an apology there. I was sure that update had been released but, possibly, not yet.

Some other improvements had been suggested so that's possibly delayed things a bit.

If so, rest assured, the bumpy taxiways will be a thing of the past.

All the best,

John

Thanks John, was the bumpy runway an issue on the version I'm running then? I ask just so I don't have to delve deeper into my install if it's a local install/conflict issue :)

1 minute ago, CHORNE82 said:

was the bumpy runway an issue on the version I'm running then?

Yes it was. Fixing it was one of the original reasons for the update.

Apologies again, I just forgot we were still waiting to release the update. As I say we came across some other things which would be nice improvements which is why it's not quite out yet.

When I saw Ilkley I thought that might be your closest airport!

All the best,

John

37 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

Yes it was. Fixing it was one of the original reasons for the update.

Apologies again, I just forgot we were still waiting to release the update. As I say we came across some other things which would be nice improvements which is why it's not quite out yet.

When I saw Ilkley I thought that might be your closest airport!

All the best,

John

Ah thanks again John, that's a relief! I fly out of EGNM with a friend of mine, we both fly and share the hire of aircraft at Multiflight, so at first I just thought the devs were trying to mimic the actual bumps EGNM has lol, its a very challenging airfield to land at in a small light aircraft when the breeze picks up there, and the paved runway can knock your teeth out. The Concorde blew it's tyres there once on landing, it had to wait for new tyres to be sent up from Heathrow! 

On 2/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, and for me now.

@Mikous, you seem to be asking the question that is already answered in the topic.

Hi there,

I do apologise, I'm not very technically able. Having read the thread a couple of times I'm still uncertain what I should do? It seems as though I need some extra Download Manager??

Could you possibly point me in the right direction? When I purchase products through an integrated 'store front' I sort of expect them to work straight off the bat rather than me having to dive through archives of information.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2021 at 6:14 PM, Nick Cooper said:

hello,

there is a pending update that will fix this problem.

When it is released, you will see an update notification in Orbx Central.

Was wondering if there was any update on this as well?

Archived