Using Orbx scenery in a second copy of XPlane on the same computer.

Holclo

I run XP11 in a Home Cockpit set up with True Earth GB North and South installed. All is fine.

I am currently trying to run XPlane in VR mode but something in my set up is preventing that happening.

To overcome this issue I installed a "vanilla" copy of XPlane on the same computer and XPlane now works perfectly in VR.

Obviously I would like to experience VR with my Orbx scenery. Is it possible and permissible to install my sceneries into the vanilla copy of XPlane?

Thanks.

You will need to launch the vanilla install at least once, then open up Orbx Central, click in the box that's shows the simulators you have installed and you should see X-Plane 11 listed twice, select the install that has no Orbx scenery installed, then click on My Products and you'll see your items listed but greyed out, select the item you want to install and install it. Something I would highly advise if you don't already it is to always have X-Plane running in windowed mode and make the window as small as you can when running X-Plane in VR, that can give you a nice FPS boost.image.thumb.png.03527bb4eb0d9860c5251cd7d45d35c0.png

image.thumb.png.00d821689ac54193e273e752ee46b4dd.png

Thank you Bobbie for your reply. The XPlane version that I need is on an external drive (Drive G in my case) I have it named "XPlane-Vanilla". Orbx Central, on first load, shows only 1 version of XPlane  and that is the one on Drive C.

However if I select MSFS first (which is also installed on this computer) and then go back again I can see the two versions of X-Plane 11. 

But when I select The X-Plane Vanilla one and go to My Products it shows them not greyed out but with a green tick?

Am I making a mistake that you can notice here?

Thanks.

If you go to Users/yourname/AppData/local near the bottom of that file will be a txt file called x-plane_install

If you open it up and then enter the path to your 2nd installation it should then be recognise by Orbx Central.

So for example you would type in:

G:\XP 11 (what ever version you have installed)/x-plane-Vanilla/

Archived