London City airport runway distortion?

loveclose

Apologies if this has already been dealt with - a colleague on the X-Plane forums said that there was a fix for this, but I haven't been able to find it if there has been!!!!

I have reinstalled all my Orbx GB scenery following issues post Vulcan update - I've only just been able to get my X-Plane 11 software to run, and have now reinstalled all Orbx libraries and have come across this anomaly at London City Airport where the runway undulation is almost ramp link!

Taxing to the end of the runway, I run down the ramp in such a way that the rear of the aircraft scrapes against the runway.

Is there as fix for this??

Thanking you in advance!

Baron_58 - 2021-02-10 13.53.29.png

Baron_58 - 2021-02-10 13.54.53.png

@loveclose  If you have "Orbx TE GB South" and "Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity" installed correctly and the "scenery_packs" ini file layered correctly then the London City airport should not look like your screenshot.  It should look something like the attached.

Please attach you "log" and "scenery_packs" ini files.

X-Plane 2021-02-10 14-32-49.jpg

My apologies to Sentry 11, I should have specified that I don't have the London City Airport addon - looks nice though and I'm tempted.....!!

Thank you Jon, I'll sort this out a little later today, and let you know if it works!  I need to check my .ini file for the correct order as well, as it is well and truly a long time since I checked it!

Should I go ahead and purchase the London City add-on, should I then delete this eglc addon afterwards??

Thanks for your support!

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

If you do not have the EGLC Airport addon by Orbx then you need this modified version of the the default Laminar airport.

Unzip it and place it above Global Airports in the scenery_packs.ini:

EGLC.zip 270.01 kB · 0 downloads

Hi again John,

Thanks again for your help - just one to check....

I've downloaded and unzipped - I'm left with a folder called EGLC.  At the moment, I've placed that above Global Airports in the Custom Scenery folder, where there is indeed a Global Airport folder!

I can't see a Global Airport reference in the scenery _packs.ini   -   I'll keep looking, but I'm hoping that what I've done so far is the right thing!!

I have adjusted the scenery_packs.ini for you.

You do have Global Airports in the .ini. Replace your existing one with the one I have attached.

I have placed the TEGB addons below it plus the London Landmarks which are needed for TEGB South to display the area around EGLC and Canary Wharf correctly.

I don't know about the ramps and planes I am afraid, I just concentrated on the removal of the bump in the runway.

However take a look at this link:

scenery_packs.ini

Hello there Jon,

I'm downloading the EGLC addon as we speak as it is on special offer at the moment, so I've taken the plunge!

Do I need to take anything out of the scenery packs ini file before installing the Orbx scenery?  Also the recently added EGLC folder in the customs scenery folder - I'm assuming I should remove that as well?

Thanks again for all help and advice recently.

Archived