Road traffic running backwards at EGPB

JohnEB123

1 hour ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi,

Can you check that you have the most up to date Orbx libraries for X-Plane installed?

The current version is 1.8.0.

Greg

image.png.e46b1cf3e99a7062c6b71b109d2d9040.png

1.8.0 you say? According to my account in Central, the latest library version is 1.7.1 with no option as yet to update (checked a few minutes ago).

The latest and last version is 1.8.0 released or dated in November last year.

Regarding the auto update facility, your pic shows that although you have ticked for Auto updates, the actual options are showing Disable. You need to click on the Red Disable and it will turn Green. Then close Orbx Central and reopen it and hopefully you will get an Update available notice. Remember to close Orbx Central you will need to close it via the lower taskbar as just clicking on the X only hides it in the Taskbar and doesn't close it.

If all that fails then uninstall OrbxLibs and then download from the Orbx Direct/Freeware site.

Hi Jon - no, it's no good. It's still coming up with v 1.7.1. I've even uninstalled Central completely from my PC and reinstalled it from the Orbx Direct website, but still no option to update to 1.8.0. It just says version 1.7.1.

Help with this would be great please.

Did you uninstall OrbxLibs?

Did you delete any Backup copy you had in Users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/Orbx/Central/Backup?

Did you Clear temp folder?

You only mentioned that for some reason you uninstalled Orbx Central. You have not said if you uninstalled OrbxLibs.

If you have a backup copy then when you reinstalled Orbx Central it is going to read any backup copy and install that, which is probably 1.7.1

Please Uninstall OrbxLibs

Open and login to OrbxDirect/freeware and choose Open in Orbx Central after having clicked on Orbx Libraries as per pic:

Capture.thumb.JPG.cab1e818944ff3f3b28428338c9a209e.JPG

The only reference to 'OrbxLibs' that I can find is in my 'Custom Scenery' folder and there are two references to that called 'Orbx_iBY_Library' and 'Orbx_OrbxlibsXP'. When you say 'uninstall' do you mean delete?

Sorry, I'm obviosly missimg something here.

Ok, I've uninstalled the Orbx Library using Central (I think that's what you were asking). The path to the backup that you quote above doesn't exist for me. Mine appears as such: This PC/Local Disk (C:)/Users/User/ and then there are 2 folders labelled Orbx Backup and Orbx Library. There are no references at all 'AppData/Roaming/Orbx/Central/Backup'.

The Orbx Backup folder is empty and the Orbx Library folder contains a folder called xp11 and within that there are 2 folders containing' EGHA Compton Abbas Airfield' and the folder contains the Custom Scenery folder which contains another folder called 'Orbx_OrbxlibsXP' and there are many folders inside that.

I also have a backup in my 'D' drive as well with folders labelled Orbx Backup and Orbx Library of which both are full of Orbx folders.

Ok Jon - I have realised that the 'AppData/Roaming' path was hidden, so I have unhidden it and followed your instructions. I uninstalled the Orbx Library using Central. I have deleted the temporary folder and then returned to the Orbx Direct website and downloaded and installed the library from the 'Open In Orbx Central' green box and the result is that as shown in the screenshot attached. As you can see it still quotes v. 1.7.1

1575391207_OrbXLibrarydownload.thumb.jpg.f38eb7bc2f30b6973b8846ee7e96285e.jpg

I'm always apprehensive when it comes to dealing, or utilizing Orbx Central for updates, or anything else.

It is my opinion that this platform requires a lot more development and refinement to correct many of it's inconsistencies.

FWIW - (SEE ATTACHED)

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Same problem with auto updates not working and EGPB traffic. The text file solved the traffic problem. I’m all in favour of reinventing the wheel but if it keeps coming out square you might need to just give up and put your stuff on Steam. You’ve used that right?  

11 hours ago, orbmoke said:

Ok Jon - I have realised that the 'AppData/Roaming' path was hidden, so I have unhidden it and followed your instructions. I uninstalled the Orbx Library using Central. I have deleted the temporary folder and then returned to the Orbx Direct website and downloaded and installed the library from the 'Open In Orbx Central' green box and the result is that as shown in the screenshot attached. As you can see it still quotes v. 1.7.1

1575391207_OrbXLibrarydownload.thumb.jpg.f38eb7bc2f30b6973b8846ee7e96285e.jpg

OK many thanks. I need to get the Orbx central team involved as I have v1.8.0 version of OrbxLibs dated November 2020. I need to check if it was released or I have an advance copy as a member of Orbx staff/Team.

As the fix for the traffic is already available I am concentrating on the issue regarding the OrbxLibs version.

The actual fix for the reversing traffic is in the link here and was posted in December 2019:

Thanks Jon - I haven't been to Sumburgh in the sim for a very long time, so I haven't noticed this anomoly before. Just checked now and yes, the cars are being driven in reverse. I'll try the fix.

Apart from that, my sim works very well, except that the Laminar default pushback truck is invisible. Pushback works just fine, but the truck is invisible. This may be due to a third party enhanced airport that I have downloaded and installed in recent weeks - I don't know. Any thoughts on that one anybody? It's something that I can put up with as it's only an issue when I have chosen an external view. When I have the cockpit view selected, then the truck can't be seen anyway.

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I am being told that v1.8.0 was not a general release. I will advise if there is any further info. Regarding the initial post about reversing cars, that is now closed as the fix is available.

Correct, this was my oversight. Apologies for the confusion. 

The traffic fix should already be in the latest build of EGPB so I'll investigate and see what the issue is.

Greg

2 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Correct, this was my oversight. Apologies for the confusion. 

The traffic fix should already be in the latest build of EGPB so I'll investigate and see what the issue is.

Greg

Hi Greg - before I tried the fix for Sumburgh, I tried the Sumburgh 'Verify Files' within Central, but that didn't solve the problem of the vehicles reversing, so I then tried the above text file fix and that worked just fine.

Archived