P3DV4.5 hangs at around 70 - 74% when loading autogen during startup

shally

Hello All,

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. After doing a fresh reinstall of P3DV4.5 all was good but then I installed all my Orbx products (and there are many). After this P3DV4.5 hangs at around 70 - 74% during startup. This is when the autogen is loading. At present i cannot use the sim. Any thoughts/ideas please.

Regards,

Stephen Shallcross.

Hello Stephen,

first make sure that there is no hidden message waiting for an acknowledgement.

Then have a look at your disk activity in the Resource monitor to see what, if anything, P3D is doing.

Finally, try to disable some of the products that you will not be flying over and see if that shortens the loading time.

Hi again Nick. I cannot disable any of my Orbx products because the tick box in scenery list is not accessible. Is there a way around this without uninstalling them? Also I have provided 2 screenshots of the task manager. Hoping you can make more sense of it than me.

Stephen.

Task Manager.png

Task Manager 2.png

Hello,

you can disable products in the add-ons list, which you can access from the scenario screen or the in-game drop down menu.

In your second image of the Task manager, you can see the words Open Resource Monitor.

You can click on them and then Disk to see what is going on.

I do know from experience that this problem can occur if the correct autogen models have not been installed (this happened to me when I forgot to add the updated tree models when I used Earth Simulations TreeScapes with the Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery packages). If I remember correctly, error messages will be displayed at this point during the loading process if you have the "Error Reporting" box ticked.

Archived