Xplane 11 crashes at plugin init

Rice_Blk

Hello,

I've freshly re-installed XP11 from steam, I launch it, no problem.

I Install all my Orbx products with the manager, the install is successful, I launch XP11, it crashes at the plugin init.

Nothing more than XP11 and Orbx content installed.

What to do?

Thanks 

Please try initially to disable all your plugins and see if that resolves the issue. It would then be a matter of finding which plugin is causing the issue.

I suggest moving them all out to a safe place leaving only the default plugin folder contents/files

In order to assist in resolving the issue i need you to follow my guidance.

The issue could be an installation problem, a conflicting plugin, a missing file etc. Trying to assist from a remote location is always difficult.

We need to confirm that the issue is caused by Orbx addons.

I need you to attach your XP log file

I need your scenery_packs.ini file attached and also your Orbx Central log file attached please.

The Orbx Central log file can be found via Orbx Central/settings/help as shown in the attached pic.

196848256_OCLogfile.thumb.JPG.807f4bec544f7a9bcd35d43b3144e1a9.JPG

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Rice_Blk said:

No as stated in the opening post, the sim has been freshly re-installed from steam. Once installed I launch all works ok. Then I install all my Orbx stuff back (nothing more), it crashes.

Did you do the Sync Simulator action as requested by me?

I need to pass this over to the Orbx Central support team as it is obviously something wrong in the installations of addons.

Orbx addons do not cause any CTD if installed successfully. 

There is something unusual about your XP Log file in that it doesn't show up any of the Custom Scenery folder's contents and is missing  a lot of other info in comparison to my XP Log for example.

Are you using the Vulkan or OpenGL mode?

7 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I need to pass this over to the Orbx Central support team as it is obviously something wrong in the installations of addons.

Orbx addons do not cause any CTD if installed successfully. 

There is something unusual about your XP Log file in that it doesn't show up any of the Custom Scenery folder's contents and is missing  a lot of other info in comparison to my XP Log for example.

Are you using the Vulkan or OpenGL mode?

How do I know this? I have launched the game just once before the crashes 

3 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Your last log.txt you posted, was that a log created immediately after the CTD?

Untitled.pdf 571.66 kB · 4 downloads

I posted it right after the crash. But now I see from your post that there is autogate still there.... I though I Manually deleted everything after uninstall, should I try to remove it then launch again?

Are your drivers up to date?

Take a screen shot of your XP Graphic Settings.

In XP "Output"  /  "preferences"  /  folders delete the files  "X-Plane Save" and "X-Plane".

Restart PC & XP.

If it CDTs again, post the log.txt immediately after the CDT.

2 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Are your drivers up to date?

Take a screen shot of your XP Graphic Settings.

In XP "Output"  /  "preferences"  /  folders delete the files  "X-Plane Save" and "X-Plane".

Restart PC & XP.

If it CDTs again, post the log.txt immediately after the CDT.

Done all this, please find attached the log after crash.

Also yes all my drivers are up to date. I've got a state of the art pc (i9, 2080ti, etc etc)

Log.txt

No G is not external, it's an nvme drive.

I cannot move it to my desktop, will land on my C which hasn't enough space for this (I only run my OS on it). As i said before installing Orbx addons it launched well

18 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

Are the following is all you have in your plugins folder.

PluginAdmin
XPLM.framework
XPWidgets.framework
Commands
DataRefs
XPLM_64.dll
XPLM_64.so
XPWidgets_64.dll
XPWidgets_64.so

image.png.bbf6911078dd48306eaa68c56f0aedca.pngThis is all what I've got in my plugin folder

33 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

What do you have for disk space? I'm thinking if its possible to isolate all Orbx add-ons from XP and just start Xp stock, alone without the Orbx.

How do I do this?

Also as already stated, I launched the sim several times before installing any Orbx product. Then I've installed all my products that were in my library. It crashed since then

Archived