I lost my Orbx scenery

JohnJJr

I have tons of Orbx scenery for xp11. In a effort to make a copy of xp before upgrading, I made a copy but then had to change the path to the new xp root folder. In doing this I lost the Orbx scenery when starting up xp. I tried starting up Orbx central and the scenery is there but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the scenery path. Can you please help. Thanks.

You need to make the current folder that has your Orbx scenery in it a Library or drag all your Orbx addons into the Custom Scenery folder of your new XP installation.

If you keep the folder that houses your Orbx addons then in Orbx Central you need to edit the path to that folder by opening Orbx Central/settings/libraries and Add new library, name it the same as the folder that is housing the addons (you can name it anything but not Custom Scenery, so make it Orbx Addons or similar) and then via the Edit option Create  anew library, and then it will offer the option to change the library path.

I attach a pic and also the Orbx Central User guide which describes how to create a libray, whic is what you are basically needing to do.

Capture.thumb.JPG.97eba8e69f74cb6c203aa24ae67493f5.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.faca66169b79c26816313ea6e6645910.JPG

Central User Guide.pdf

The library for the  Orbx scenery's are stored on a different drive, on mine R:\ Orbx library\xp11\True Earth US Washington for example. The path to the xp location is changed. Use to be X:/ X-Plane .41 now is  X:/XP 11/X-Plane .41 and X:/XP 11/X-Plane .50 . I wanted to try xp.50 first before upgrading from xp .41 . So I made a copy of xp .41 and upgraded it to xp.50. Now when I start either version, the Orbx scenery doesn't show up. I think it's because I changed the paths to xp.

Both versions are showing up in Orbx central to choose and it shows all the products I have installed ( on the R drive ) and purchased, that's not the problem. When I start either version of xp and go to the Orbx scenery airports or TE packages I have purchased, their gone and all I see is default xp scenery. I guess the library storage has to be told where the new path of the xp root folder is to work property. So the Problem is I'm not seeing the Orbx scenery in the simulator. 

Please attach your scenery_packs.ini. Not a pic of it but as an attachment please.

Also if possible attach a pic showing the path of your library/location that houses your Orbx addons. A pic of your Libraries in Orbx Central like I posted to you in my initial reply is what I am looking for.

Thanks

I see you have TE Washington showing as installed. according to the scenery_packs.ini Is that also in the "Orbx library" or is that installed directly into Custom Scenery in the XP directory?

Have you tried  the Sync Simulator option as shown in the attached pic? Orbx Central/Settings/Help: Are ypu also using some kind of scenery organiser because TE Washington is not layered like Orbx Central would have layered the addon.

I have arranged the layering and position of TE Washington as it should be both placed and layered.

scenery_packs.ini

1154709217_SyncSimulator.thumb.JPG.9f1b741214da1b239a27a8f8e4416db6.JPG

That did it! Hitting the sync simulator for xp.41 then switching to xp.50 and doing the same, restored the Orbx scenery back in each version. Also I rearranged the scenery. ini per your recommendation. Thank you so for your time and help.

Sorry to trouble you again but while flying over the restored scenery I came across this abrupt break in the river water textures. I tried verifying the files for washington HD TE and I still get the same break when flying over the area. My water reflections are set at minimal.  Is there something we can do to fix this. 

Bell412 - 2021-01-26 2.20.46 PM.png

The break in texture is from Washington TE just east of  Skagit Regional (KVBS) airport and there is something definetly wrong. As you fly up river all the watermasking is gone and so are the textures.  This is a shot of Israel's farm a little bit up river which is included in the enhancement pack which I also purchased. The river looks like someone cut it out with sissors and the water is one shade of light blue all the way up past the texture break. I know this is not Orbx quality. I also verified the files in the Washington enhancement pack before taking this shot.

Bell412 - 2021-01-30 16.41.34.png

scenery_packs.ini

Ok udate. Even though I purchased the enhancement pack which says it includes Israel's farm, you still have to install it. So Israel's farm airstrip is there and the surrounding river textures, but the river and lakes on either side are still the same light blue back to the break. Could it be a problem in the scenery ini. stack up ?

Early morning blindness here in UK:rollmyeyes:

I don't see Israel's Farm as installed.

To test, install Israel's Farm.

Why have you got 1000 roads and 1000 autogen as individual folders in the scenery_packs? These are an integrated part of XP Resources/default scenery folder and not separate files.

As you can see, loading Israel's farm helped somewhat in that I see a little more detail in the surrounding water textures and sand mouns but the water color doesn't match your pictures on the Orbx website. Also the details end on either side and then the water turns light blue in color for the river and all lakes. It's still off. 

Bell412 - 2021-01-31 15.24.57.png

Bell412 - 2021-01-31 15.35.16.png

Archived