TE GB south

wain71

this shot captured, coordinates top left, verified files and checked XP 11 is up to date.....is there a quick way to get back to these coordinates to check if issue is sorted? I am flying over Orbx TE in the sim...is this a missing tile?

y4mO34TCFIkvkPov12c1ypO-8lIrHveM8_6eifg6

I need to clarify your question please. Is the pic an old one where it showed an anomaly with the blue scenery and now you want to know if there is a way to get back to those coordinates?

If so I am afraid I don't know. I do know that you can put coordinates in the FMC but as I don't fly with FMC so I cannot advise you.

Was the pic in a topic on this forum in the past?

The blue scenery was evident when Vulkan came out and was due to the GPU/CPU not being able to read and display the scenery quickly enough depending on your hardware specs. I don't recall it being an issue with the actual addon

Jon this was taken today...vulkan in use but not had any performance issues... I did a verify files and checked XP was up to date.. I obviously now need to get to the coordinates to see if that fixed it... this is a recent reinstall of SIM and all add-ons..it looks like a complete square missing..any clue as to how I find where coordinates are?..my XP runs nicely at 36-50 FPS in most areas with real weather...

Takeoff from RWY 08R at EGKK - London Gatwick and when airborne fly 57 degrees for approx 5.5 miles.

When in the vicinity of your stated Lon. & Lat. then pause flight and hit the "M" key for map, double click the plane icon so that it turns yellow.

Set the altitude to 2000 feet, speed approx 125, then set an outside view from XP's menu.

Grab the yellow plane icon and drag around ever so slowly watching the Lon. & Lat. reading until your either right on those coordinates, or somewhat close to them.

Then SAVE the flight, or situation from XP's file menu.

X-Plane 2021-01-21 18-14-53.jpg

6 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Takeoff from RWY 08R at EGKK - London Gatwick and when airborne fly 57 degrees for approx 5.5 miles.

When in the vicinity of your stated Lon. & Lat. then pause flight and hit the "M" key for map, double click the plane icon so that it turns yellow.

Set the altitude to 2000 feet, speed approx 125, then set an outside view from XP's menu.

Grab the yellow plane icon and drag around ever so slowly watching the Lon. & Lat. reading until your either right on those coordinates, or somewhat close to them.

Then SAVE the flight, or situation from XP's file menu.

X-Plane 2021-01-21 18-14-53.jpg

Thanks for that... I managed to find a website where I could put the grid in and work out where I was..took the hawk up and reflew over the area..

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Thanks @Sentry11.

@wain71 as you can see from Sentry11's pic at the coordinates you are referring to that there is no missing tile in his copy of the addon.

Jon I did a SIM sync.. verify files and now all is fine.. not a performance issue for sure.. anyway whatever the problem was it is now sorted and we have all learned how to get to a specific place within the SIM.. cheers..

May I also add further that if you punch in the Lat. & Lon. coordinates into Google Earth's search field you can get a very good expanded view of WTHAI.

You can even plot the compass bearing and distance to those coordinates from a near airport as well.

Archived