Is there an update on when CityScene Orlando will be compatible with P3D v5

Good morning, 

Wondering if there is any update on this?  I purchased this in July 2020 when it came out and was compatible with v5. It worked great and looked amazing. Then it just disappeared from my product screen for V5 and now only says V4 availability only.  In looking in Central, it's like it doesn't even exist.  I'm assuming this was an issue that occurred due to 5.1 coming out.  I keep seeing all these releases for new products coming out, and quite honestly, it's a bit frustrating that I cannot use a a product that I paid for (for a sim that was supported when I bought it) and all these new products are coming out yet the current products people paid for are not being supported. I am sure I am not the only one here as Orlando seemed like popular add on and there was a lot of buzz on the FB pages about it.  I love your products, I really do. They are amazing, but some clarity would be nice here. 

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Nick.  I hadn't seen that. However, It's not an airport, but a city scenery. Where I have concern here, is that this scenery was SOLD as compatible with V5 when it came out last year. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise since I only have V5. And it was working just fine. Then one day it just disappeared and wasn't compatible anymore. To now read that "there is no commitment" to make this compatible is honestly not right. Is there anyway I can go about getting a refund on this then and I will buy it again when it is compatible?  Sorry if this is not the place to ask this, but from everywhere I read emails are not responded to and this is where to go. 

Thanks

Hi Nick, 

Sorry, maybe I confused things a bit. Above post was pre-coffee :)   I do already own it, but I can't use it. A while back it just disappeared from my Orbx Central and I can no longer use it. Honestly when it first happened, I was all sorts of confused. I fly into and out of KMCO (Orlando area) a lot. And I went to pick the airport gates I usually pick and they were no longer there. Took a bit, but finally found that CityScene Orlando was no longer listed as one of my products.  It just disappeared. Is there a way I can get it back?  

I did unfortunately need to reinstall when I updated to 5.1. I had some issues. I didn't uninstall Orbx though.  Anywhere in particular I can go to check the files and any particular file name I should be looking for?  I always use Central to install the scenery if that helps at all. 

Thanks so much for your help!!!   As I said, I LOVE your products so if I can get this to work that would be amazing!!

Nope. Not there, I don't even have a FTX_NA folder. I have FTX_AU and FTX_OLC.  Like I said, I had to reinstall so the original V5 folder got deleted. Is there any other way to reinstall instead of Orbx Central, since I can't even see it in My Products?  

Edited by viper12161

Orlando was never made available for purchase for P3Dv5.

The only thing that I can think of is where we updated Orlando to be compatible for TrueEarth Florida and that may be what you are thinking of?

If you switch to P3Dv4 in Orbx Central you should see it there. Our logs show it being installed into P3Dv4 on July 1st 2020.

Hmmmm, I wonder if it installed in to V4 then and I just didn't realize it. . I was definitely using V5 by then and I really could have sworn it was working. I can't switch to V4 in Central as I removed V4 a while ago to free up some drive space since I wasn't using it anymore. I wonder if when I did that is when it disappeared. Maybe I'll reinstall it and see if I can get it to work again. Weird. 

• 7 months later...

This is an old topic, but I just realized that CityScene Orlando is no longer in my list of products either. I also had it installed in P3Dv4, but can't find it anywhere on Orbx Direct or in my list of P3Dv5 products. I completely uninstalled P3Dv4 prior to installing P3Dv5, and there are no traces of it anywhere on my computer. All the other Orbx products I purchased for P3Dv4 show up in the "My Products" list in Orbx central for P3Dv5.  I don't have true earth Florida. Is there a way to get the product back that I paid for? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Hello,

at the outset, Orbx stated that all products would be updated for P3D v5 wherever possible.

If you wanted to use it in P3D v5 and you are familiar with the Windows registry, you could amend

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Orbx Central will then see your P3D v5 installation as P3D v4 and install the product. 

You will see some anomalies.

To be clear, I am not advising you to do this work around, you would do it by your own choice, at your own risk and it is not supported by Orbx.

On the subject of payment, since you raised it, you did pay for a product that works in P3D v4 and it still does.

Hello,

you chose to raise the issue of payment.

You should not be amazed that there is a response.

Orbx has updated all of its current products from FSX through all versions of P3D entirely free of charge.

P3D v5 introduced many additional changes and Orbx have done ther best to update all the products that

can be, once again, free of charge.

Nevertheless, it may be that the City Scene cannot be made to work satisfactorily with P3D v5.

This does not represent a failing on the part of Orbx, the free updates have been provided out of good will

and not because customers are entitled to them.

I simply stated that you purchased a product for P3D v4 which works as it should in P3D v4.

You state that you then decided to move on to P3D v5 and remove P3D v4.

I have also offered you a way to try your P3D v4 product in P3D v5, should you be prepared to.

• Like 2