Failed Migration from C to D Drive

Dibley

I have been running GB Central on X-Plane 11.  As my SSD C Drive is filling up I decided to move the Orbx scenery files from C to my D hard drive .

Using Cental I deleted the old library at C: /users/ jw19 / Orbx Library and created a new library folder on my D Drive named D:\ XP Scenery -and copied the following folders across

Orbx A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom, Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay, Orbx_C_GB_Central-TRUEarth_Orthos and Orbx_OrbxlibsXP and then deleted these from my C Drive.

However the Orbx scenery is no longer displaying just the X Plane standard scenery.

I then deleted the old library at C: /users/ jw19 / Orbx Library. This was folder but showing 0KB

As this didn't work I then deleted the D:\XP Scenery library, via Central, and created another new library at D:\Library and moved the four Orbx Central folders to this new location but this hasn't worked.

I have changed the concurrency from SSD to HD and and have used the sync simulator. X-Plane Version is 11.0.1.51.3. Central is showing the current library location as D:\Library. The X Plane open scenery config file is no longer showing the Orbx scenery as present

Attached Log file.

central.log

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

It would appear that you have not followed the directions provided for moving an Orbx Central Library.

You have disturbed the file structure and in doing so, broken the installation.

Here is the guide, copied from the Orbx Central User Guide.

Moving a library to another location

Moving a library is painless with Central and can be achieved in a few steps only:

1. Go to Settings > Libraries.

2. Note the directory of the library you’d like to move.

3. Remove the library that you would like to move (remember: this doesn’t delete the actual files).

4. Close Central by right-clicking on the tray and selecting “quit”.

5. Create a new and empty directory in the new location

6. Start Central again

7. Open Settings, and then the Libraries page

8. Press ‘Create New Library’

9. Select the new library location, give it a name and then press ‘Save’.

10. Move the files from your original library into the new location. DO NOT amend the file structure. This step may take a while depending on your disk speed.

Central will automatically scan the library for installed products, and then configure your simulators appropriately. 

I've tried again deleting the D:\Library and creating a new library D:\Orbx North using Central.

I've copied all of the Orbx GB North files to the new library. However X-Plane continues to only show the standard scenery.

Orbx Central says my Library's location is now D:\Orbx North - 80.4GB. The structure is D:\Orbx North\Orbx A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom and so on.

Central log attached

central.log

• 1 month later...

Hello,

it is vital that you do not disturb the file structure, but you have done so.

Your Library will contain an xp11 folder and it is that which need to be left unchanged.

Your new library should therefore be 

D:\Orbx North\xp11\Orbx A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom and so on.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried this again several times without success the Orbx Scenery is still not being displayed.

I delete the last non-working library. Then close down Central

I create a new folder in D drive called called Orbx3 with a sub folder xp11.

I start central again and on the libraries page I scan for libraries page it says....”You don't have any libraries set up”

I select “Create Library” and the dialog box shows a Library Name of “My Library” and a path of C:\users\jw_19\Orbx Library.”

I select “change” navigate to D:Orbx3\xp11 and select that. The library path changes to D:\Orbx3\xp11” which I save.

Back on the library page it now says My Library Location - D\Orbx\xp11 size 0kb

I copy Orbx A GB Central-TRUEarth Custom, Orbx B GB Central-TRUEarth Overlay, Orbx C GB Central-TRUEarth Orthos and OrbxOrbxLibsXP into the xp11 folder at D\Orbx3\xp11

I then sync simulator and the library now shows as My Library Location D\Orbx\xp11 size 81.7 GB.

I view the Open Scenery config file and the Orbx Scenery still isn't listed.

Where am I going wrong?

central.log

I will ask @Nick Cooper to further assist in your problem but have a couple of comments.

Your new Library of Orbx3 does not need a subfolder of XP11. It just needs the addons placed into Orbx3.

Please attach a copy of your scenery_packs.ini and your XP log files.

What is Open Scenery config file? Are you referring to Custom Scenery folder or scenery_packs.ini file. 

16 hours ago, Dibley said:

I create a new folder in D drive called called Orbx3 with a sub folder xp11.

I start central again and on the libraries page I scan for libraries page it says....”You don't have any libraries set up”

I select “Create Library” and the dialog box shows a Library Name of “My Library” and a path of C:\users\jw_19\Orbx Library.”

I select “change” navigate to D:Orbx3\xp11 and select that. The library path changes to D:\Orbx3\xp11” which I save.

Back on the library page it now says My Library Location - D\Orbx\xp11 size 0kb

I copy Orbx A GB Central-TRUEarth Custom, Orbx B GB Central-TRUEarth Overlay, Orbx C GB Central-TRUEarth Orthos and OrbxOrbxLibsXP into the xp11 folder at D\Orbx3\xp11

I then sync simulator and the library now shows as My Library Location D\Orbx\xp11 size 81.7 GB.

I view the Open Scenery config file and the Orbx Scenery still isn't listed.

Where am I going wrong?

central.log 17.51 kB · 0 downloads

Hello,

if you amend the Library path in Orbx Central to D\Orbx3, then Orbx Central should see your files.

Jon Clarke -

"

.................Please attach a copy of your scenery_packs.ini and your XP log files.

What is Open Scenery config file? Are you referring to Custom Scenery folder or scenery_packs.ini file. "

I'm referring to the file named scenery_packs found in the folder X-Plane 11/custom scenery...now attached with the X plane log file.

Nick Cooper

"if you amend the Library path in Orbx Central to D\Orbx3, then Orbx Central should see your files."

Apologies...in my post of 14th I left out "3" so  "I then sync simulator and the library now shows as My Library Location D\Orbx\xp11 size 81.7 GB"  should have said

I then sync simulator and the library now shows as My Library Location D\Orbx3\xp11 size 81.7 GB.

regards

D

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Hello,

it is clear that Orbx Central is measuring the content of your library in D\Orbx3\xp11\xp11.

What I suspect is happening, is that Orbx Central is looking inside the first xp11 folder and not seeing any products, because they are all inside the second xp11 folder.

Move the second xp11 folder into the first, so that the library is at D\Orbx3 and D\Orbx3 contains only D\Orbx3\xp11\all your product folders, then you will have preserved the file structure and Orbx Central will see the products and create the links.

Then go to the library page and edit the location of the library to D\Orbx3.

Restart Orbx Central again and run Sync Simulator.

On 3/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is clear that Orbx Central is measuring the content of your library in D\Orbx3\xp11\xp11.......

Thanks

I've checked and the layout in my D drive is a folder named Orbx3 and with a sub-folder within the Orbx3 folder named xp11.  All four of the Orbx folder. are in the latter folder named xp11..There isn't a second xp11 folder.

So its D\ Orbx3\xp11 and not D\ Orbx3\xp11\xp11.....

Thanks

I have gone to the library page and changed the path from D\Orbx3\xp11 to D\Orbx3.

On the "My Products" Screen both GB Central and Libraries now have a green tick against them and when selected say -

GB Central is installed into My Library at D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_a_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom

Libraries v1.7.1 is installed into an Orbx Library D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP

I've used the sync sumulator but XP11 continues not to display the Orbx scenery.

I've attached the Orbx and XP11 logs..

regards

central.log Log.txt

Hello,

looking at this excerpt from the log, it looks like your copying and pasting did not go well.

GB Central is installed into My Library at D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_a_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom

D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP

2021-03-25T19:14:30.866Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Custom Scenery is missing (D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom\Custom Scenery)
2021-03-25T19:14:30.866Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Custom Scenery is missing (D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay\Custom Scenery)
2021-03-25T19:14:30.866Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Custom Scenery is missing (D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\Custom Scenery)
2021-03-25T19:14:30.866Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Custom Scenery is missing (D:\Orbx3\xp11\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP\Custom Scenery)

The entries in Orbx Central should in fact read along these lines.

1.jpg

2.jpg

It seems that you have disturbed the file structure.

You best option is perhaps to remove it all and start again, asking Orbx Central to install into 

your Library at D:\Orbx3.

Thanks.....your scenery is now displaying correctly and so Blackpool Tower has re-appeared!

I've just purchased GB South with the intention of down loading direct to D Drive.

Just to make sure I need create another library there before I download with a structure of D\Orbx4\xp11 and a new library path of D\Orbx4?

regards

Archived