crash to desk top kbur

Hi

I can't find this mentioned already but apologise if it has been.

Twice now, when approaching KBUR (from KSJC) I have had a crash to desktop. Maybe coincidence but I haven't had a CTD for quite sometime anywhere else.

Any comments and help will be very gratefully received!

Richard

MSFS is very sensitive to conflicting files. Finding the problem can be difficult. The first step is to isolate all add-ons in the community folder by renaming the folder to CommunityX. Try a flight into the default KBUR. Once OK, create a new folder called Community and move on KBUR into it. If all OK, gradually copy other add-ons back into the Community folder. Perhaps one of the other add-ons will prove to be the cause of the CTD. 

It's a pain but without an error message to guide the user it's the only way I know to track down conflicting files. 

BTW it can be something as simple as an add on aircraft, repaint or a file in a pay ware or free ware airport. 

Hi

Thanks for the info and duly noted!

I have repeated the flight today before making changes and arrived successfully! 

However 2 more problems

Happens elsewhere, albeit rarely, refused permission to land on 08, kept insisting on 15 - even though I had selected 08 on the world map (I only use this to select start point at a gate and end point runway).

08 is the only one with an ILS. But even though I decided to carry on with my flight plan and use 08, the autopilot would not capture the ILS. I have had a similar problem when using HDG before selecting approach but never when using NAV, as I was today.

Thanks

Richard

Hi again

I have done a quick flight from KBUR and tried to capture the ILS again - and failed.

Carried onto KLAX (an ASORBO airport) and did an ILS landing successfully.

Then flew down to KSAN (Orbx) where I also did an ILS landing.

Not sure where the problem lies but KBUR does have a problem! Interestingly I did notice that it is an ILS without DME, maybe that is the problem. Need to find a similar one.

Richard

Hello guys.

I really think this airport has not been optimized properly because I still get terrible FR on that particular airport only. I am aware that there was an update, but it didn't solve the problem. My PC can handle the sim well, and, with some exceptions, all the other addons work fine.

5 hours ago, perohijo said:

Hello guys.

I really think this airport has not been optimized properly because I still get terrible FR on that particular airport only. I am aware that there was an update, but it didn't solve the problem. My PC can handle the sim well, and, with some exceptions, all the other addons work fine.

On my mid range system I get excellent performance at KBUR since the update.  If you are getting poor frame rates you might need to investigate why, because now there is nothing in the airport scenery package that causes poor performance on any adequate computer. 

18 hours ago, John Dow said:

On my mid range system I get excellent performance at KBUR since the update.  If you are getting poor frame rates you might need to investigate why, because now there is nothing in the airport scenery package that causes poor performance on any adequate computer. 

All I can say is that this is the only airport where I have FR issues. Any other, including high FR intense such as EGLC or KLAS gives me pretty good performance. I took of from KSAN and it was fine, and also flew from KSBA and no problem, so yes, I believe there is something specific to this airport that makes it so hard. Even KBCE can  be little intense, and that one is in the middle of nowhere. My PC was built specifically for this sim, so I can assure you it is not my system.

Archived