Downgrade from HD to SD

woods

I've had a little time to try out TrueEarth US Southern California HD in X-Plane. Awesome stuff. 

However, I'm also noticing the performance tradeoffs. I'm in VR, and I can't quite get the combination of texture, objects, and cloud rendering that I'd like. So I'd like to try SD instead, since it's probably a better fit for my needs.

Before I purchased HD, I'd read in another thread that I'd be able to use/download SD as long as I had an HD license. I can't see how to download or install SD though, whether through my account on orbxdirect.com, or via Orbx Central. I'm on Windows, X-Plane 11.

Thank you!

Scott

H Scott

You should be able to sign into your Orbx Direct account on the website, and add the product to your account. If it displays a dollar amount required, it should let carry on with the transaction and charge you nothing.

Then just open Orbx Central and it should be visible.

Then uninstall the HD version, and install the SD version.

I need to do the same for Washington as I am running out of HD space and it looks like I can free up 140 gigs this way. At the risk of appearing "challenged" how do I do this? Many thanks.

Edit: Okay, I see the uninstall in Orbx Central...does that completely remove all traces of the HD version from the HD?

Dave

Yes it does, but if you have the default option of Backups enabled it may keep a copy of your original download. You can check that by looking in the location where Backups would be stored, as illustrated in the attached pic. I attach the pic just to show you where to look for any Backup copy. Ignore any other  notes that are on the pic.

1.thumb.JPG.574b3a39aa66153259b75bc6c2425b3c.JPG

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the info. I have unticked the (automatically backup product install files". As you can see I have 280 gigs showing in backups. Can they be removed? How do I remove them if this is okay?  Are there any negative issues with removing them other than a requirement to download them again if needed?

Many thanks for your time.

Dave

28882109_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.e04d6a7df38c7d2d4e507c819f572f56.png

The only downside is that you will have to redownload. To remove them you just go to the location of the backups folder in the path for Orbx central. In your case you have them stored in E/Orbx Central. Just open the backup folder and remove the contents

Archived