TE Canary Islands error reporting

bbking

In the port of Puerto del Rosario (Fuerteventura) there is an image of a cruise ship on the Ortho photo and on it the object of a frigate or something like that. I would have expected that such obvious optical errors - because it's near the airport GCFV - would be fixed before release.

Best regards,

Gerson Nerger

When I try to display GCLA airport it always displays the default airport. I have checked that no other GCLA airports are in the Custom Scenery folder and have re-installed the package. The package was installed through X-Organiser.

Can someone advise what else to check or is this a bug?

Open the scenery packs ini file and place this line SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GCLA_LaPalma/ above this line SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports/

It should look like this

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GCLA_LaPalma/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports/

Save the ini file and you should then see the correct building for the airport. Not being an expert I can only assume that something in the Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports/ overwrites the airport if the airport is below the Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports/ in the ini file.

Xorganiser can be a little bit hit and miss at times that's for sure. As long as the airport itself is above the TE_Airports it should be fine. Both the airport folder and the TE_Airport folder share one thing in common, they both have this file +28-018.dsf. I'm guessing that if the TE_Airports loads after the actual airport it's that dsf file that then shows the default airport.

Forget my first post...I am still missing something:

0:00:40.904 I/SCN: DSF load time: 10072 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Custom/Earth nav data/+20-020/+27-019.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-017
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-019
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-018
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-016
0:00:40.904 W/SCN: Missing object lib_s/trains/F_18.31.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank
0:00:40.904 W/SCN: Missing object lib_s/trains/F_18.31.obj from package Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Overlay/roads/; replacing with blank

Greetz,

Bouwe

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

16 minutes ago, bloggo said:

Sorted, thanks BobbieH and tommy2010 if you find out how to stop xorganiser I would appreciate the answer.

I believe i have fixed it. In your custom scenery folder you will see where the Orbx cararies is it will have letters A-B-C so on. Because GCLA is A with another, it needs the GCLA needs to be A on its own and the others B-C-D. Basicly move the others down one letter as the picture shows 

Capture_LI.jpg

You just beat me to it tommy2010. I had done exactly the same thing. Although I did find that renaming the folder Orbx_A_GCLA_LaPalma to Orbx_A_AGCLA_LaPalma had the same result. Either way will make Xorgansier arrange the ini file correctly and X-Plane to load the airport after the TE_Airports.

2 hours ago, bbking said:

Forget my first post...I am still missing something:

0:00:40.904 I/SCN: DSF load time: 10072 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Custom/Earth nav data/+20-020/+27-019.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-017
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-019
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-018
0:00:40.904 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-016

Greetz,

Bouwe

Log.txt 111.08 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini 10.09 kB · 2 downloads

I searched here on the Orbx forums and missing object from package is normal. Also i get a warning for missing scenery file ( now region TNCM) so i am going to ignore them as well.

Everything looks normal. My case is closed!

regards.

Do you use any water enhancement lua scripts or anything else that changes the default water in X-Plane tommy2010 ?

I have also seen that issue when using ortho tiles in some cases. I'm not seeing anything like that at all here after changing the folder names.

Vor 7 Stunden sagte CFG278:

Im Hafen von Puerto del Rosario (Fuerteventura) befindet sich auf dem Ortho-Foto ein Bild eines Kreuzfahrtschiffes und darauf das Objekt einer Fregatte oder ähnliches. Ich hätte erwartet, dass solche offensichtlichen optischen Fehler - weil sie sich in der Nähe des Flughafens GCFV befinden - vor der Veröffentlichung behoben werden.

Freundliche Grüße,

Gerson Nerger

But you must have very serious problems if you accuse the developer of such little things. Incredible

12 minutes ago, gigabenga said:

But you must have very serious problems if you accuse the developer of such little things. Incredible

Boy, don't get personal. If I want Ortho photos with cruise ships on it, I create a scenery of the Canary Islands myself with Ortho4XP. What I have described is not worthy of a provider of high quality scenery.

2 minutes ago, CFG278 said:

Boy, don't get personal. If I want Ortho photos with cruise ships, I create a scenery of the Canary Islands myself with Ortho4XP. What I have described is not worthy of a provider of high quality scenery.

I have everything that Orbx has shown beautiful landscapes and ships. If you can't install, that's not the developer's problem. Or build your own orthophotos as you have already said. And is good

18 minutes ago, gigabenga said:

I have everything that Orbx has shown beautiful landscapes and ships. If you can't install, that's not the developer's problem. Or build your own orthophotos as you have already said. And is good

Do you understand what I wrote? At no point did I write that I couldn't install the scenery.

X-Organiser does not work well with Orbx addons. Orbx Central will install the addons as they are supposed to be installed, but unfortunately X-Organiser then overrides the placements.

@gigabenga

Regarding GCLA, please post your scenery_packs.ini.

6 hours ago, gigabenga said:

LPMA from Orbx not shown in Xplane correct install correct Custom Scenery.

Regarding GCLA, please post your scenery_packs.ini.

scenery_packs.ini change if you have altered any addon installations, hence my request for the latest one.

Looing at the one you submitted in your initial post, it is all incorrectly layered as far as the Orbx  addons are concerned.

I have corrected them for you in the attached replacement scenery_packs.ini. Be aware that if you are using X-organiswer it may well rearrange the Orbx addon layering . I suggest keeping a copy spare of the attached version.

scenery_packs.txt

Just checked the log file. The previous errors i got are now gone! Finally a goed ini file. And yes in the past i used Xorganizer but this programme ruined my ini file creating a log file full of errors....pfff.

Thanks again Jon for your support!!!

hello,first of all a new year I wish all.^_^
I have read through this thread here and come to no satisfactory result.

with me to see that the mountains are cut off, the bridge for cars is not at all to see.
I am also at the end of my thoughts about what else it could be.

sorry for my bad english

A.Lex

Screenshot_1.png

scenery_packs.ini

Log.txt

hi Jon,
I am amazed that this works perfectly, and yes you are right, because I had disabled "Runways follow terrain contours" the other day, I had totally forgotten. 
yes I used xOrganizer,but I had renamed and moved the 5 Orbx files to A / B / C / D as above.
I thank you very much for your help. :smile:

greetz A.Lex

Archived